Job Title: Communications Officer – IRA Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala (Head Office)
Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda Profile:
The Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda is mandated to regulate, supervise, monitor and control the business of Insurance in Uganda. To strengthen its regulatory mandate, the Authority wishes to recruit suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacancies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- 1. Develop and maintain corporate standards for graphic design, photography, videography and multimedia production of the Authority.
2. Design, produce and coordinate digital communication materials like digital newsletters, flyers, promotional items, power point presentation among others.
3. Identify, create, edit, generate multimedia (visual and audio) communication ideas/ content
4. Edit and format photos, videos, and data for inclusion in Authority’s public awareness programmes and upload it to the website and social media platforms.
5. Establish and maintain effective design strategies, and corporate graphic standards in the implementation of design solutions.
6. Lead in the design and layout of Authority annual reports, calendars, promotional and information materials.
7. Assist with production of Authority photography and/or production of instructional digital videos.
8. Work towards maintaining and growing the Authority’s social media audience on various social networking sites by uploading digital content.
9. Coordinate and encourage adoption of relevant social media techniques into the Authority’s corporate culture and service provision.
10. Ensure that there is consistent and coordinated messages about insurance from the Authority and insurance players.
11. Support the documentation of Authority events through visual-audio and photography content.
12. Undertake any other communication related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Communications Officer.
1. At least a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Arts and graphics, media relations, Information Technology
2. Holds a certificate or diploma in Graphics Design or multimedia and interactive design or visual communication.
3. Proactive and able to develop and implement ideas
4. Creative design, innovation & Computer skills
5. Ability to use Adobe’s creative apps (Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Indesign etc).
6. Expertise in copy production across all media
How To Apply for IRA Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications together with copies of detailed up-to-date CVs with at least three referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda
Plot 5 Kyadondo Road, Legacy Towers, Block B, 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 22855, Kampala
Or emailed to [email protected]
Deadline: 7th September 2020.