Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: 2 Procurement Officers – IRA Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala (Head Office)
Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda Profile:
The Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda is mandated to regulate, supervise, monitor and control the business of Insurance in Uganda. To strengthen its regulatory mandate, the Authority wishes to recruit suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacancies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Use approved sources of supply for the procurement of goods, services and works required, to invite tenders or place orders as necessary.
2. Monitor the management of placed orders with suppliers to expedite the delivery of the required items.
3. Prepare periodic reports on procurement activities accordingly.
4. Advise contract managers on the management of placed contracts for goods, services and works.
5. Liaise with user departments in the implementation of procurement and disposal plans.
6. Conduct market assessment and advise on the appropriate market prices required for initiation of procurements in accordance with the procedures under the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act, regulations and guidelines.
7. Maintain an up-to-date database on the existing and potential sources for procurement of goods, services and works required by the Authority and update the filing system in accordance with the formats laid down by the PPDA.
8. Coordinate the processing of tenders for supply of goods or services or works and provide technical support and guidance to management on procurement issues.
9. Prepare bid solicitation documents and all required necessary documents.
10. Keep and maintain all the required profile documents and files
11. Regularly report on the procurement activities to the supervisor
12. Conduct evaluations when called upon
13. Carry out any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
At least a Bachelor’s (Honors) degree in Procurement & Supply Chain Management or any other related discipline majoring in procurement or any relevant bachelors’ degree with a post-graduate qualification in Procurement or the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in Procurement.
How To Apply for IRA Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications together with copies of detailed up-to-date CVs with at least three referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda
Plot 5 Kyadondo Road, Legacy Towers, Block B, 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 22855, Kampala
Or emailed to [email protected]
Deadline: 7th September 2020.