Job Title: Senior Finance Assistant – IOM Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Organisation for Migration (IOM)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reference No: VN/UG/008/2021
Classification: General Service (G6)
International Organisation for Migration (IOM) Profile
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy and are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Kampala and direct supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO); and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centers, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the resources management functions in Kampala, Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide procedural guidance to managers and staff; supervise, guide and train other finance support staff.
- Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports, and other reports as required.
- Manage financial resources through monitoring and controlling assets, reserves, funds, supplies, etc. in accordance with IOM rules and regulations.
- Provide specialized advice and support to SRMO and Project Managers on financial and administrative matters and ensuring activities are implemented in a manner consistent with Donor agreements.
- Provide specialized support preparing annual budget submission and revisions including estimating the cost of staff as well as rental and utilities, office equipment and supplies, and other contracts, services or running expenses.
- Assist in monitoring compliance with financial policies, procedures, rules, and regulations and bring to the attention of the SRMO any issues.
- Consolidate data into financial statements and assist in monitoring expenditures to ensure they remain within authorized levels.
- Provide regular and ad hoc financial information to support informed financial decision making.
- Assist monitoring that bank reconciliations for IOM accounts are regularly performed and reviewed by designated stakeholders.
- Review monthly accounting reports prior to submission to MAC
- Manage and prepare the payroll by executing validity checks on monthly payroll results and ensure salaries are properly allocated to projects.
- Ensure that disbursements are made based on proper authorizations and supported by legitimate and sufficient documentation.
- Aid responding to audit queries and follow up on audit recommendations.
- Review the status and monitor the proper maintenance of Vendor Accounts in accounting system.
- Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for IOM Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate must hold a High School diploma with six years of relevant experience; or, Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finances, or related field with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Completion of a Professional Certificate in ACCA/CPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP is highly desirable
- Audit experience is highly regarded
- Familiarize with financial oversight and public administration
- Fluency in English is required
- Working knowledge of other UN languages and knowledge of the local languages is an added advantage.
- Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 2
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following behavioral competencies:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust – creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How To Apply for IOM Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified applicants may send their applications to [email protected] no later than 19 November 2021. Reference Number and Position Title: VN/UG/008/2021 and Senior Finance Assistant (G6) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience.
Deadline: 19th November 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.