Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Position Title: Project Support
Type of Contract: Internship
Duty Station: Kampala
Duration: 3 October-15 December 2016
Number of positions: 1
REF: IN: 01/09/016
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Mission in Uganda is currently implementing the project “Strengthening Border Security in Uganda”, in partnership with the Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Control (DCIC) within the Ministry of Internal Affairs. The aim of the project is to build the capacity of the Government of Uganda to respond to transnational security threats through an integrated border management approach. The project activities include the deployment of border management information systems to multiple border control points, provision of various trainings, construction of the Immigration Training Academy, and establishment of immigration intelligence unit, among others.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Officer, the intern will assist with administrative and logistics involved in the various trainings and workshops, as well as with other project activities.
1) Assist with organizing training programs and workshops for government officials on various aspects of border management;
2) Coordinate with government agencies to ensure and arrange the attendance of relevant officials at trainings and workshops;
3) Provide logistical assistance before, during and after the various trainings and workshops;
4) Assist with the logistics for deploying border management information systems at multiple border control points;
5) Assist with the coordination of various activities aimed for inter-agency cooperation on border management; and
6) Perform all other duties as may be assigned.
1) Completed a University degree in International relations, Human Rights, social sciences, development studies or related field
2) One year of relevant experience in the public sector or with NGOs
3) Experience in organizing conferences, trainings and/or workshops;
4) Experience working with government agencies in Uganda;
5) Excellent organizational and communication skills;
6) Good understanding of and strong interest in migration issues in Uganda and worldwide;
7) Excellent command of Microsoft Word and Excel; and
8) Demonstrable ability to take initiative and work independently while also working with and learning from others.
Language: Fluent in English
Interested candidates should send applications and resume electronically to [email protected] by COB 26.09.2016.
N.B: Please quote the REF NUMBER and position title as the subject of the email and ensure to send your attachments as one document in PDF and the title of your attachment should be your full names.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline of this Job: 26th September 2016
Fresh graduate, Fresh graduate jobs, Jobs in Uganda, latest jobs in uganda, Best Jobs in Uganda, Jobs in Uganda for fresh graduates, Jobs in uganda today, Jobs kampala uganda, Jobs Uganda Today, Jobs Uganda, Jobs Uganda 2016, Jobs in Uganda Kampala, Jobs for fresh graduates with no experience, Jobs for fresh graduate, Jobs in Uganda full time, Current vacancies in Uganda, Current jobs in Uganda, g}great jobs uganda, Current jobs online in uganda, most recent jobs in uganda, jobs for fresh graduates with no experience in uganda