Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Field Officer – International Crane Foundation Jobs
Organization: International Crane Foundation Uganda
Duty Station: Southwestern Uganda
International Crane Foundation Uganda Profile:
The International Crane Foundation, registered in Uganda as an International Non-Governmental Organization, is looking for a dynamic, committed and confident Ugandan with passion, integrity and innovation to fill the position of Field Officer- Southwesstern Uganda. The person will be responsible for overseeing and implementing our projects in southcentral Uganda, initially focusing in the Rukiga District.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and implement the ICF/EWT Partnership projects in southwestern Uganda, initially focused in the Rukiga District.
• Collect baseline data on cranes, wetlands and communities, and follow data collection protocols to monitor impact over time.
• Assist, where relevant, the mitigation of the threat of crane trade and powerline collisions, or any other threats that are identified.
• Fulfil an integrated approach to conservation through appropriate and relevant partnerships, incorporating a rights-based approach to family planning, improving human health and livelihood development both at a landscape level and through Conservation Agreement.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with both the local government authorities and local communities to promote mutual trust and strong program‐stakeholder relationships.
• Identify, mentor, supervise and coordinate the work of Crane Custodians, ambassadors for crane conservation efforts.
• Improve community awareness of cranes and wetlands, and the integrated family planning and human health aspects of our projects.
• Assist the East African Regional Manager with the production of technical reports and minutes of meetings.
• Participate in the drafting of project work plans, budgets and technical reports.
• A bachelor’s degree in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Management, Biological Sciences, Science Education or related fields. Additional training in youth education will be an added advantage.
• At least 2 years field work experience in environmental education or community conservation projects.
• Ability to facilitate community-based workshops and training.
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.).
• Proven ability to work in a team and facilitate work of other experts in the field.
• Good command of oral and written English.
• Good time management and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to respond positively to feedback and differing points of view.
• Willingness to work in remote areas.
• Ability to maintain good team discipline and motivation.
How To Apply for International Crane Foundation Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications merged in one document to [email protected] with the position title in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: Applications close on 16 August 2020, and any applicants who will not have heard from the International Crane Foundation by 21 August 2020 should consider their application unsuccessful.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.