Job Title: Human Resource Assistant – Infectious Diseases Institute Jobs 2020
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Operations Manager
Vacancy Code: HRAPACT001
Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Uganda Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The USAID Program Profile:
Program for Accelerated Control of Tuberculosis in Karamoja (PACT-Karamoja) is a five-year USAID funded project (2020 – 2025) that aims to increase TB case detection and treatment success rates through health system strengthening in all districts of North Eastern sub-region of Uganda. In collaboration with key stakeholders in the region, PACT-Karamoja project will provide technical assistance to district health teams to deliver high impact and innovative interventions that are in line with current national and global TB guidelines in Karamoja region. PACT- Karamoja will focus on regional and district structures for the management of drug susceptible TB, drug resistant TB and TB preventive services in the districts of Abim, Amudat, Kaabong, Karenga, Kotido, Moroto, Nabilatuk, Nakapiripirit and Napak.
The Human Resource Assistant will work closely with the Human Resource Unit of Infectious Diseases Institute and the Finance and Operations Manager to coordinate human resource activities in Karamoja sub-region and provide immediate and on-site human resources support to the field staff in line with the provisions of the institutional HR manual.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and counsel to staff in the region with respect to the IDI human resource policies and procedures and follow up with them to ensure compliance with the policies at all times.
- Coordinate the recruitment and selection process for interviews taking place in the region and ensure that interview panelist are informed on time, provided with the necessary interview guides as well as book interview venues
- Coordinate the orientation and induction process for new staff reporting to the region and ensure that all materials required for orientation are in place as well as following up on the respective supervisors to ensure that they have oriented the staff under them.
- Monitor contracts in the Region and follow up with the HR main office to ensure timely renewal of contracts.
- Collect and compile all monthly payroll updates’ issues in the region and bring them to the attention of the Compensation and Benefits’ specialist to enable timely preparation of the payroll.
- Respond to payroll queries raised by staff within your means and refer complicated cases to the relevant Managers for resolution.
- Monitor and track staff time sheet submissions on a monthly basis to ensure compliance to IDI and Funder’s regulations.
- Monitor and track staff leave utilisation and provide feedback to staff regarding leave utilization on a quarterly basis.
- Follow up with staff and their supervisors in the region to complete their performance appraisals, track submissions and give feedback to non-compliant officers in line with the IDI performance management policies.
- Support staff to complete all necessary documentation relating to enrollment on the IDI medical insurance schemes and submit the completed forms to the compensation and benefits specialist for action.
- Assist staff in the region who get accidents and other occupational-related illnesses to receive treatment as well as complete the necessary documentation for compensation before forwarding their documentation to the Compensation Benefits Specialist.
- Provide guidance and counselling services to staff in the region that are experiencing minor challenges and refer complicated ones to the Employee Relations & Assistance Specialist.
- File all human resource records in the region in line with the HRMIS policies and procedures and the HRMIS guidelines.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- A Post Graduate Diploma in a related field is an added advantage
- A minimum of two years of related work experience in HR-related support.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current national Human resource policies
- Proven experience as an staff assistant, HR assistant or relevant HR administrative position
- Computer literacy with at least MS Office packages
- Demonstrable experience with either HRIS or HRMS
- Basic knowledge of national labor laws
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
How to Apply for Infectious Diseases Institute Jobs 2020 – Human Resource Assistant:
All applicants should send their updated CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. Email your application and CV to [email protected]
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 7th May 2020
- IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
- Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document.
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
- Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.