I&M Bank Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Trade Finance Officer
August 12, 2022
Job Title: Trade Finance Officer – I&M Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: I&M Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager (Credit Administration)
I&M Bank Uganda Profile:
I&M Bank is a leading banking and insurance group in Eastern Africa with a presence in Kenya, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. I&M Bank Uganda is a commercial bank headquartered at Kampala Road plot 6/6A with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers.
To develop and implement strategies that facilitate excellent customer service delivery of the Bank’s Trade Finance services, develop and sustain a customer-focussed service delivery framework, facilitate and assist in international operations product development and knowledge dissemination across the Bank network.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with the credit policy, all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Ensure strict adherence to pre-disbursement and post disbursement conditions.
- Ensuring that security documentation is perfected before drawing down of credit facilities.
- Work in partnership with the legal department to ensure all requisite documentation is provided and properly executed prior to disbursement.
- Ensuring proper approval for all credit facilities and facility utilization is within limit.
- Effectively handle, check and evaluate export documents and other trade documents in line with UCP 600, URC 522 rules to suit client needs and meet the bank targets.
- Preparation of daily and weekly LC, FIBC/FOBC and documentary collection reports.
- Preparation of monthly Trade Finance transaction volume report by 5th of every month.
- Ensure 0% error rate in transaction processing of transactions
- Reconciliation of all Nostro accounts designated under responsibility of the role holder and advise Treasury in line with the bank’s operational requirements
- Ensure SWIFT remittances are correctly input
- Preparation of confirmations for Guarantees for BOU
- Ensure that 3rd party screening is carried out on all LC beneficiaries before the LCs are transmitted.
- Ensure LCs are closed accordingly
- Ensure reconciliation of all GL accounts pertaining to Trade finance
- Preparation of monthly guaranteed report
- Facilitate and assist in Trade finance business product development and knowledge dissemination across the Bank
- Perform other duties as required by Manager Credit administration
Minimum Education Qualification:
- First degree in any discipline with a minimum of a second class lower.
- Professional qualification and post-graduate qualification in Business related Field is an added advantage
- A minimum of two (2) years cognate experience in Banking with a minimum of two years in in Trade Finance operations.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Turnaround time in response to requests for Trade products.
- Error rate in transaction processing of LCs and documentary collections.
- Satisfactory rating for BOU, internal Audit and Compliance reviews.
- Customer satisfaction Level
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Hands-on experience in International Trade operations
- In-depth understanding of the relevant Local and international regulations
- Banking Operations and control policies
- Trade Service products and dynamics
- Good knowledge of international banking operations
- Analytical, Investigative and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and Computer skills
- Understanding Risk Management and Internal Control
- Sound understanding of the banking industry
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent relationship management
- Results-driven orientation & multi-tasking disposition
- High integrity
- Satisfactory Customer Service Disposition
How To Apply for I&M Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Closing Date: 15th August 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.