Job Title: Data Center & BCP Administrator – I&M Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: I&M Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
I&M Bank Uganda Profile:
I&M Bank is a leading banking and insurance group in Eastern Africa with a presence in Kenya, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. I&M Bank Uganda is a commercial bank headquartered at Kampala Road plot 6/6A with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers.
The Data Center & BCP Administrator will mainly coordinate changes to computer databases, storage and Oracle web logic servers, test and implement the databases, apply knowledge of database management systems and plan, coordinate, Load balance, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases, design and develop system reports.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Establish the needs of Data center and BCP needs and bank databases user needs.
- Planning for all Banking Databases and storage and replication.
- Install, Implement, monitor and Load balancing Web logic server’s
- Testing of new database implementations / patches for all Banking data base Systems and other storage systems and keep the system with up-to-date changes effectively and efficiently.
- Managing and maintenance of Oracle RAC and Data guard replications.
- Maintaining data standards according to existing bank policy and procedures to ensure the integrity and security of different databases.
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (‘metadata’).
- Ensure the high-level security to the data base systems and audit the necessary information and controls are in place.
- Generating and ensuring that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures for all bank databases are functioning correctly.
- Working closely and communicating regularly with the Manager Enterprise systems on Technology, through relevant reports regarding security, performance, capacity planning and day-to-day database occurrences; Providing technical support for database systems users and training direct database power users
- Design, develop and review system reports in line with the Departmental and Bank Policies and Business needs.
- Provide system technical support troubleshoot system failures and errors, reconciliation of GL accounts, investigate system manipulation and imbalances.
- Co-ordinate Implementation of system upgrades, review and update software user guide and technical manuals with the changes or updates in the programs or systems in line with Departmental policies and Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Design and maintain difference processes and flowcharts related to the difference data bases interconnection and the data flow representation.
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Bachelor of Information Technology
- Post-graduate qualification in Computer Science or Information Technology is an added advantage.
- Four years of demonstrated experience in database and storage management and in handling BCP function.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the Data center, Bank’s Database and Storage management Systems.
- Data guard and storage level replication management, maintenance and monitoring and restoration.
- Excellent Customer Relationship Management
- Analytical Skills/ Problem solving
- Good of database management tools
- Interpersonal Skills (oral & written)
- Organization and coordination
- Report format design and Development skill
- Ability to interpret System errors and failure messages
- Understanding of Technical manuals
- System investigation Tool
- Software upgrade procedures
How To Apply for VSO Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 18th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.