Job Title: Program Officer (Environment Program) – ILF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Lifeline Fund Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Report to: Senior Program Officer
International Lifeline Fund Uganda Profile
International Lifeline Fund (Lifeline) is a registered nongovernmental organization in Uganda, with project offices in Lira, Apac and Moroto. Lifeline has been doing humanitarian and development work in Uganda since 2006 through its Environment and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Programs.
International Lifeline Fund is currently seeking to hire a Program Officer for its Environment program, to fulﬁl an exciting role within the organization. Under the guidance and direct supervision from the Senior Program Officer, the Program Officer is responsible for providing programmatic and administration support to achieve results oriented, effective, efficient and accountable implementation of energy program activities in humanitarian and refugee settings, as well as emerging market contexts. Key program focuses include: the distribution and sale of fuel-efficient stoves tor households and institutions; raising community awareness around efficient energy technologies and practices; and exploring new technologies to meet community energy needs and relieve environmental pressures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Stove Commercialization Activities
- Support the marketing and sales team to increase the visibility and impact of Lifelines cookstove enterprise.
- Participate in the promotion and demonstration of Lifeline products (i.e. Fuel-efficient stoves, third party solar products, etc.)
- Ensure timely and high quality implementation of activities according to the program work plan and effective delivery of results, in coordination with Logistics.
- In coordination with the Senior Program Officer, hold consultations with the program partners and other community stakeholders to develop trusting relationships and gather customer feedback
- Support the program unit in collecting and analyzing customer sale data for carbon credit verification.
- Any other assignment that may arise from time to time from the supervisor.
- Coordinate with camp management officials, UN partner agencies. and local community-based organizations to conduct activities in refugee settlements and surrounding host communities.
- Work closely with local leaders to mobilize communities, hosting stove user trainings, organizing promotional and educational events to raise awareness for efficient energy practices, conducting assessments to measure technology adoption and impacts. among others.
- Document impact stories (narrative and photography) and compose internal and external reports.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Coordinate with the Senior Program Officer and M&E department on monitoring and evaluation activities, as well as timely submission of weekly/monthly progress reports and agreed-upon monitoring deliverables
- Conduct data collection for research programs with academic partners as needed.
- Reporting and Planning
- Report on a regular basis to the Senior Program Officer in order to ensure coordination. linkages, and collaborations between all areas or wont carried out by Lifeline .
- Maintain data collected on stove production and sales activities.
- Contribute to departmental work plans and project proposals.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or any other relevant degree, such as Environmental Management or Program Management
- At least three years of experience, preferably in the clean energy sector
- Previous experience in humanitarian settings and a current working knowledge of solar technologies is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of data collection and management methods. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong commitment to personal competence. discipline and professionalism,
- Ability to work under pressure. both independently and in a team.
- Ability to spend up to 50% of time on domestic travel to fulfil responsibilities.
How To Apply for ILF Uganda Jobs 2021
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover letter clearly stating your motivation and your experience as related to the roles and responsibilities (including salary expectations, maximum 2 pages)
- Academic credentials
Complete applications can be submitted by:
Email: [email protected] (with subject ‘Environment Program Officer’)
Post: international Lifeline Fund, P.O. Box 70, Lira, Uganda
Personal delivery: international Lifeline Fund, Adol Pollno Road, Lira, Uganda
Only applications with all 3 required documents will be considered.
NB: Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Salary is commensurate with experience. Any kind of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
Deadline: 2nd April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.