Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Governance and Risk Manager – IICS Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Integrated Intelligent Computer Systems
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports To: Chief of Operation
Integrated Intelligent Computer Systems Profile:
IICS Technologies (Integrated Intelligent Computer Systems). We design and implement systems that automate business processes, data collection, dissemination and management of information in order to enhance service delivery, stimulate reform and facilitate transformation.
The Governance and Risk Manager plays a key role in ensuring that the organization complies with its By-laws and other regulatory requirements. The post-holder coordinates and manages risk and governance (internal and external), supports the Chief Operations Officer to arrange and respond to Audit, managing Regulatory Compliance and oversees management of Operations projects and any other projects as assigned by the CEO. They are a central point of contact for risk and governance related matters for staff and external stakeholders in the organization.
Roles and responsibilities:
1. Understand and support the vision and mission of organization.
2. Ensure the preparation, collation and distribution of agendas, meeting information packs, minutes and reports and managing subsequent actions for all governance meetings that include Audit.
3. Ensure policies and procedures are visible and complied with throughout by IICS staff and third parties to ensure risk management and legislative compliance.
4. Execute strategy for dealing with increasing number of audits, compliance checks and external assessment processes for internal/external auditors.
5. Develop and implement effective and reasonable policies and practices to secure protected and sensitive data and ensure information security.
6. Oversee special projects as the CEO and COO may decide.
7. Operate with a high degree of independence with regard to project management activities, including development of project plans and budget/resource estimates.
8. Maintain oversight of all policies, standards, guidelines, RCAs (Risk and Control Assessments) for each department as well as all Audits and preparation for meetings that fall in the same line.
9. Lead the review and maintenance of all governance documents for all departments.
10. Regularly review and assess the Risk Management Policy, Strategic and Operational Risk Registers to ensure regulatory compliance and effective risk management is maintained.
11. Ensure all non-employment contracts with third parties are stored centrally in hard and soft copy, registered in the Operations Calendar.
12. Maintain awareness of your own and others’ Health and Safety, and comply with the Health and Safety policy.
13. Take appropriate responsibility for records held, created or used as part of your work as per the relevant Data Protection regulations.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
a) A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business and Economics.
b) Any related course in project management.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
a) Previous experience of working in a governance position and supporting stakeholder or senior management committees in their efficient operation.
b) Experience of managing an administrative function to enable senior positions/management teams to work effectively.
c) Awareness of the principles of effective project management, risk mitigation, risk management and governance.
d) Understanding of business metrics and KPIs.
e) Part of the experience should be in a financial institution with a bias towards business growth.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, academic credentials and CV including three referees, email addresses and daytime telephone contact by email to [email protected] please include the job title in the subject of your email.
Closing Date: 19th July 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.