Job Title: 2 Accountants – IDRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) Profile
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
The Accountants will provide financial support in terms of physical processing of cash transactions and financial reporting, strictly respecting and applying IDRC rules in Financial management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the efficient management of IDRC financial resources in accordance with internal policies and financial standards.
- Ensure that all IDRC financial obligations and statutory requirements are fulfilled, including requirements to funding partners and timely reporting to Donors and stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Head of Finance to participate in annual audit exercises, including preparation of necessary documentation.
- Ensure timely disbursement/payment of statutory dues e.g. NSSF, PAYE, WHT, VAT, LST as well as core costs e.g. Salaries, utility bills and project expenses.
- Ensure adequate record keeping of all financial data as per IDRC policies e.g. filing of vouchers, receipts and other documents.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to internal controls.
- Feed data in an accurate manner in the accounting software.
- Ensure safety of the accounting information and risk management.
- Preparation of monthly reconciliation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or financial management, B.COM or BBA from a recognized University.
- Part or a complete level of CPA, ACCA or its equivalent is an added advantage.
- At least a minimum of two years’ experience in finance and accounting.
- Experience with management of US federal funds, Knowledge of internal control principles and procedures.
- Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems preferably Navision.
- Experience in analyzing financial data and communicating to non-finance staff.
- Extensive experience in preparing and managing significant budgets with diverse streams of income and expenditure.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills.
How To Apply for IDRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates should send their applications using this link on the IDRC website.
Additional Important Comments:
- All applications must be submitted through the IDRC website
- Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
- Applications cannot be amended following submission.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted Further
Deadline: 18th February 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to join our Telegram Channel using the Link: https://t.me/fresherjobsug