Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Fresher Junior Data Manager – IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Tororo, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Data Manager
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) Profile
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
A Data Manager analyzes the data needs of the company or research organization and uses skills in coding to maintain secure databases. They then collect and organize the data obtained.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design, create and modify databases in MS Access and/or SQL Server.
• Maintain and improve upon the current data management and reporting systems based on feedback from staff.
• Liaise with study team members to investigate and rectify data queries.
• Oversee entire data life cycle from data collection to final clean datasets.
• Incorporate new projects into the current data management system.
• Design and create secure web pages to interact with project databases for reporting, extracting data, viewing data.
• Maintain the collaboration’s computers and networks including backup systems and antivirus software in Tororo branch.
• Supervise data entry/officer personnel.
• Ensure data from all projects is entered accurately and in a timely manner-prioritize projects as need arises.
• Administer Windows server and SQL Servers, manage, troubleshoot and respond to
infrastructure and application issues
• Test and maintain data back-up protocols to ensure availability
• Ensure computer security by running latest antivirus and OS patches
• Help project staff with computer-related problems, requests, or questions
1. Bachelor’s degree in IT related courses from a recognized University.
2. Prior experience working in data management of at least 2 years
3. Prior experience working in a clinical trial and or experience working in malaria research should be an added advantage
4. Evidence of training in Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
5. Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
1. All applications must be submitted through the IDRC website on or before 5:00 pm, on 6th July 2021.
2. Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
3. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
4. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.
Deadline: 6th July 2021 at 5:00 pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.