Job Title: 10 Research Assistants – IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) Profile
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire suitable candidates for Research Assistant positions for the Integrated HIV/HTN study to be based in South Western Uganda. The Successful candidates will report to the Study Medical Officer. The Research Assistants will be hired on a temporary basis to work with health facility staff and will be in charge of mobilising, consenting and interviewing selected participants.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Travel to study sites and perform interviews on identified participants.
- Liaise with Health Facility Staff to effectively mobilise the identified study Participants.
- Offer informed consent to the identified survey participants.
- Maintain records in a confidential manner according to established procedures.
- Backup data on a daily basis according to Standing Operating Procedures.
- Securely maintain all computer equipment in your custody.
- Proper accountability for resources offered during the survey procedures.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in a medical Clinical discipline (Clinical medicine/ Nursing/ Midwifery).
- Experience in Health Research data entry programs.
- Fluency in any local language of Runyankole, Rukiga, Runyoro, Rutoro, Rufumbira or Luganda.
- Should have a valid certificate of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Human Subjects Protection (HSP).
How To Apply for IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their applications using this link on the IDRC website.
Additional Important Comments:
- All applications must be submitted through the IDRC website
- Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
- Applications cannot be amended following submission.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted Further
Deadline: 7th October 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.