Job Title: Locum Accounts Officer – IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to build capacity of health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research, and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach. IDI invites applications for the following full-time positions for upcoming US government (USAID) sponsored projects for delivery of services for HIV/AIDS and related health conditions.
The Accounts Officer is responsible for timely and accurate processing of transactions; preparation of timely and accurate journal reports and invoices; payables management and applying overall financial closeout procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Verifies the accuracy and authenticity of accountabilities and other support documentations and approvals and support in the payments processing
- Prepares or review monthly journals analyzing financial information used, general ledger accounts, cost centers and project codes for posting in NAV Microsoft Dynamics.
- Review accounting documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations and make or direct correcting entries. In addition, analyze transactional processes and identify areas where additional accuracies and efficiencies can be achieved
- Carryout monthly closing process and reconciliation of general ledger accounts such as Bank/Cashbook reconciliations, payable and receivable accounts reconciliations.
- Support in the compilation and filling of statutory taxes and other statutory deductions legally liable to the institute.
- Perform periodic asset verifications, cash counts and stock counts at IDI and/or field offices
- Verifies the accuracy and completeness of Transaction Details in NAV Microsoft Dynamics before forwarding to the Grants Management Unit for report preparation.
- Responds to enquiries and checks accounting transactions to locate and resolve discrepancies.
- Liaise with the Grants section to provide project financial reports that satisfy donor requirements. Prepares variance and other financial analyses of project accounts, as requested by the Senior Accountant.
- Coordinate the Quarterly VAT Compilation by the Accounts assistant.
Financial systems and security
- Identifies internal controls that require improvement and suggests appropriate policy and procedure modifications for improved internal control. Ensures that all financial systems provide adequate audit trail and documentation.
- Ensures that all documents are archived and maintained in a safe and secure manner for the time periods indicated by project and grant sponsors.
- Assists the Senior Accountant obtain support documents, prepare analyses of project accounts for IDI’s mainstream and projects specific audits.
- Ensure all paperwork is properly archived at the end of each audit.
Minimum Qualifications for IDI Uganda Jobs 2022:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting option) or Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) (Finance/ Accounting), from a reputable Institution/University.
- ACCA or CPA qualification (or in the process of being certified, Level 2 minimum)
- At least two years of progressively responsible experience in professional accounting or auditing is required.
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets
- Good communication, organization and management skills
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits a high level of ethical conduct
- Good interpersonal skills and can work in a team
- Has basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, the internet and PowerPoint.
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 11th April 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.