Job Title: Locum Accounts Assistant – IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to build capacity of health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research, and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach. IDI invites applications for the following full-time positions for upcoming US government (USAID) sponsored projects for delivery of services for HIV/AIDS and related health conditions.
The Accounts Assistant is responsible for timely and accurate processing of transactions; accounts payable management; classifying, recording and reconciling transactions in NAV Microsoft Dynamics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Accountant to ensure that payments are processed on time. Completes weekly journals for posting.
- Files statutory returns on time.
- Verifies the accuracy and authenticity of accountabilities. Identifies appropriate general ledger codes for expensing accountabilities in NAV. Correctly apportions approved shared costs to different projects.
- Assists the Senior Accountant in the preparation of monthly bank and/or mobile money reconciliations.
- Reconciles accounts payable. Obtains vendor statements and compares with NAV transactions, identifies errors and passes journal entries for correction.
- Assists in the issuing and receiving of inventory and completing inventory journals.
- Performs periodic asset verifications, cash counts and stock counts at IDI and/or field offices
- Financial systems and security
- Identifies internal controls that require improvement and suggests appropriate policy and procedure modifications for improved internal control. Ensures that all financial systems provide adequate audit trail and documentation.
- Ensures that all documents are archived and maintained in a safe and secure manner for the time periods specified by IDI’s policies.
- Assists the Senior Accountant obtain support documents, prepares analyses of accounts for audits.
- Ensures all paperwork is properly archived at the end of each audit.
Minimum Qualifications for IDI Uganda Jobs 2022:
- The ideal applicant must hold Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting option) or Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) (Finance/ Accounting), from a reputable Institution/University.
- ACCA or CPA qualification (or in the process of being certified, Level 2 minimum)
- At least two years of progressively responsible experience in professional accounting or auditing is required.
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets
- Good communication, organization and management skills
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits a high level of ethical conduct
- Good interpersonal skills and can work in a team
- Has basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, the internet and PowerPoint.
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 11th April 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.