Job Title: Accounts Assistant – IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Code: AALPHS – X001
Reports to: Finance and Operations Manager-LPHS-TB Activity
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is an independently governed institute within the College of Health Sciences at Makerere University and has the mission “To strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development.” IDI has operations across Uganda as well as in a number of other African countries and has a staffing of over 1,000 managing multiple projects in research, clinical services, public health and training.
The Accounts Assistant- USAID LPHS- TB Activity is responsible for timely and accurate processing of project transactions; assisting with preparation of timely and accurate project financial reports and invoices; receivables management and applying project closeout procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Senior Accountant to ensure that project reports and invoices are completed in a timely manner. Verifies the accuracy and completeness of Transaction Details in NAV Microsoft Dynamics before forwarding to the Grants Management Unit for report preparation. Responds to enquiries and checks accounting transactions to locate and resolve discrepancies.
- Assists the Senior Accountant to design and implement project reports that satisfy donor requirements. Prepares variance and other financial analyses of project accounts, as requested by the Senior accountant.
- Assists the Senior Accountant with reconciling accounts receivable and follows up on payment of long outstanding receivables for the project and staff advances.
- Performs periodic asset verifications, cash counts and stock counts at IDI and/or field offices
- Assists the Grants Management Unit with relevant information to enable preparation of informed project budgets.
- Identifies internal controls that require improvement and suggests appropriate policy and procedure modifications for improved internal control. Ensures that all financial systems provide adequate audit trail and documentation.
- Ensures that all documents are archived and maintained in a safe and secure manner for the time periods indicated by project and grant sponsors.
- Assists the Senior Accountant to obtain support documents, prepare analyses of the project account and project specific audits.
- Ensures all paperwork is properly archived at the end of each audit.
- And any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor of Accounting or Business Administration (BBA), Finance or related field from a reputable Institution/University.
- At least two years experience in humanitarian and development programming with knowledge of USAID funded projects.
- Familiarity with USG Federal Acquisition Regulations and USG contracting rules
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent Organizational Skills.
- Proficient Communication Skills.
- Effective Problem-solving.
- Assessment & Interpretation.
- Strong People Skills
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 22nd June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.