Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Uganda
Job Location: Arua
Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Profile:
Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The Ministry of Health received funding from the Centres for Diseases Control and Prevention(CDC) through the Infectious Diseases Institute under the Global Health Security Department to implement the Strengthening Partnerships for Preparedness and Response in Uganda. One of the sub projects aims at strengthening Emergency medical services at national and subnational level. Mortality and Morbidity from time sensitive conditions including COVID-19 can be averted by a stronger Emergency Medical Services System that provides a regionally coordinated response stretching from prehospital to facility based emergency care.
The holder of this position will support the Strengthening Partnerships for Preparedness and Response project. She/he will provide finance, administrative and secretarial support to the West Nile Offices. She/he will participate in drawing of periodic work plans/budgets-in relation to the set targets, account for all the project funds and ensure proper utilization of project assets and equipment. Develop a database of contact information; maintain distribution lists for various kinds of project communication and schedule all project meetings; attend and take minutes as appropriate in collaboration with the Kampala office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support day to day project activities both in West Nile supported sites and participate in drawing of periodic work plans/budgets-in relation to the set targets.
• Ensure safe custody and account for all the project funds and ensure proper utilization of project assets and equipment.
• Support in day to day of payment and accountability process, retrieval and review of the related documentation
• Assist in the preparation financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis i.e. ensure that all supporting documentation for the project expenses is scanned and ready by reporting time.
• Support the verification and filing of the monthly transaction details for the various projects under the program
• Support in the management of project resources such as human resources, finances, vehicles among others.
• Assist with all aspects of administrative management, directory maintenance, logistics, equipment inventory and storage.
• Managing inventory of assets and supplies, monitoring critical level of stocks and coordinating between project operating units in resolving day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
• Scheduling and coordinating all appointments and meetings both staff and those for other stakeholders as scheduled.
• Preparing meeting minutes, meeting notes and internal support materials and managing staff leave schedules and maintain an updated staff project leave tracker.
• Have a robust filing system both e-filing and physical filing of the projects documents i.e. reports, agreements, means of verification etc.
• Develop monthly schedules to allocate use of project vehicle and supervise the driver.
• Creating a data base for staff contacts and supporting district officials(DHOs, Biostas, DSFP,DLFP,DVOs and Hub coordinators)
• A Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance with a certified professional course CPA or ACCA
• Working Experience and Skills
• Minimum of three years’ experience working in finance in a public, private sector or international NGO environment
• Working experience in institutional development, project management and conversant working with government systems.
• Experience in managing US or UK government funds (rules and regulations) will be an added advantage
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should send your application by email tto [email protected] clearly indicating the post title in the subject line.
Deadline: 7th March 2021 at 5:00pm
Note: Your application should include three referees, none of whom should be your relative and all of whom should have supervised you, taught you or known you through work. The referees’ information should include day time telephone numbers and email addresses.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.