Job Title: 2 Records Clerks – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to build capacity of health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research, and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach. IDI invites applications for the following full-time positions for upcoming US government (USAID) sponsored projects for delivery of services for HIV/AIDS and related health conditions.
The Records Clerk will support entry of patient level data into electronic and paper-based systems to ensure establishment of high quality medical records at supported health facilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide mentorship and training support to build capacity of facility teams to generate and maintain high quality patient data using standard HMIS tools.
- Maintain up-to-date electronic medical records for all HIV/AIDS patients and generate real time on-site reports from facility databases.
- Maintain high quality paper-based medical records including registers, HIV care cards, clinical notes, test results and medical reports for all patients in care.
- Support safe storage of client medical records and promote patient confidentiality at all times.
- Establish systems that allow for easy retrieval and archiving of patient files within facility records rooms.
- Participate in facility performance monitoring initiatives and routine data use activities to continuously guide implementation of key project activities.
- Work with health facility teams to conduct regular data quality assessments, and to implement and document data quality improvement activities.
- Support facility data teams to compile and submit accurate HMIS and programmatic reports according to the set project, donor and Ministry of Health reporting timelines.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in Information Science and Technology or Records Management
- Up to date technical knowledge of the national Health Management Information System
- Good communication, leadership, organization and management skills
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct
- Has basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, internet and power point
- Experience in using information systems including Uganda EMR and DHIS2
- Strong computer skills are an added advantage.
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.