Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Graduate Trainee – IDI Uganda Jobs 2019
Jobs at: Infectious Diseases Institute
Vacancy Code: DELSGTX01
Duration: 1 year
Reporting: Laboratory Support Team Lead
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to strengthen health systems in Africa with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach.
IDI Uganda Jobs 2019: Closely working with the laboratory support technician, the Graduate Data Entry Trainee will provide data entry and laboratory computer system support to ensure that the laboratory results are released in a timely manner in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices and quality requirements of the Core Lab.
Major roles and responsibilities
• Performs data entry of requisitions, results and storage requirements.
• Stores laboratory source documents.
• Provides electronic transfer of data as needed.
• Performs daily and weekly back-up of laboratory data on LIS (oracle).
• Performs computer virus checks on a weekly basis.
• Answers telephone, sends faxes and reports as needed.
• Inputs memos, reports and forms as requested.
• Follows all laboratory procedures including safety guidelines, the use of personal protective equipment and awareness of blood-borne pathogens.
Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
• A relevant degree in a data-related field obtained within the last one year
• Computer literate with the ability to use databases
• Meets or exceeds quality assurance levels of the laboratory and collaboration.
• Ability to observe utmost confidentiality of patients, patient results and project operations.
• Serves as an effective representative to physicians, nurses, counsellors and visitors in a courteous and empathic manner.
• Follows laboratory and collaboration policies.
• Uses all facilities and supplies with care and in a cost-effective manner.
How to apply;
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, please send your CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 2nd August 2019. (Email your application and CV to [email protected] and let’s save the environment).
• IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
• Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
• Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
• Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University-Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline of this Job: 2nd August 2019