Job Title: 2 Assistant Quality Assurance Officers – ICPAU Jobs 2022
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Quality Assurance and Regulation
ICPAU is the national professional accountancy body in Uganda, established by The Accountants Act in 1992. It has the legal mandate to regulate and maintain the Standard of Accountancy in Uganda; to prescribe and regulate the conduct of accountants and practising accountants in Uganda; as well as conduct professional accountancy examinations in Uganda.
The job holder ensures that the requirements set by Statement of Membership Obligation 1 (SMO 1) are complied with. The Assistant Quality Assurance officer will also be responsible for Licensing, Inspections and CPD compliance.
ICPAU seeks to recruit dynamic, visionary, courteous, self-driven, energetic, team players and committed individuals of high integrity who can bring expertise in their fields. The ideal candidates should:
- Have a good command of the English language (both spoken and written).
- Have excellent communication and computer skills.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Have analytical and problem–solving skills.
- Be creative, innovative, adaptable and have a passion for quality.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participates in Quality Assurance Reviews of Accounting Firms.
- Manages the administrative process for quality reviews.
- Prepares Quality Review reports.
- Manages the post-review activities including obtaining responses and feedback.
Licensing and Inspections
- Undertakes inspection of Accounting Firms.
- Manages the administrative process for firm inspections.
- Prepares inspection reports.
- Receives and analyses firm annual returns in order to produce an annual firm return report.
- Supports the QA officer with evaluation of CPD compliance.
- Supports the QA Officer with the preparation of the CPD annual compliance report.
- Participates in training and research on assigned standards and other topics.
- Responds to inquiries regarding licensing, inspections, quality reviews and CPD compliance.
- Participates in Financial Reporting Awards evaluation process.
- Reviewing practical experience training records.
- Carries out any other duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance Officer.
- Certified Public Accountant
- At least 2 years of experience in auditing, quality assurance, inspection, education, accounting, finance or taxation
- Excellent technical skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics
- Problem-solving skills
- Team working skills
- IT skills
- Organising and execution of work (II)
- Analysing and interpreting (II)
- Supporting and co-operating (II)
- Organization awareness (III)
Terms of Appointment: Contract (3 years renewable).
How To Apply for ICPAU Jobs 2022
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 8th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.