Job Title: Project Finance Assistant – ICCO Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Interchurch Organization for Development Cooperation (ICCO Cooperation)
Reports to: Head of Project Finance
Interchurch Organization for Development Cooperation (ICCO Cooperation) Profile:
Interchurch Organization for Development Cooperation (ICCO Cooperation) is an international non-governmental organisation founded in 1964 in the Netherlands and implements programmes with partners in Central, Eastern and Southern Africa since the 1980s. We work towards a world in which people can live in dignity and well-being, a world without poverty and injustice.
The Project Finance Assistant is responsible for the financial administration of the EU Aid Volunteers project – including supporting the Head of Project Finance to prepare project budgets/forecasts and producing regular financial reporting. The PFA will be directly responsible for the provision of technical support to the Finance and Administration Function by ensuring that the ICCO and donor finance policies and procedures are adhered to. The PFA is primarily responsible for the financial administration of the EU Aid Volunteers project, as well as a small amount of financial and administrative support to other projects and activities when required. This will involve being the flag-bearer for following the rules and regulations of the grant, and close monitoring to ensure these are kept, and expenditure is kept within budget.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Budget preparation and monitoring
- Support the Head of Project Finance in the preparation of quarterly expenditure forecasts
- Prepare monthly budgetary control statements to determine the financial performance of the project
- Review the codes on the payment requisitions before entry into the Finance system
- Review of staff accountabilities like travel accountabilities, the entry in the system and reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Process payments through the electronic banking system and by cheque.
- Implement and maintain an effective filing system to ensure that all financial records are easily accessible and readily available.
- Produce a separate audit file for EUAV project containing clearly referenced copies of all necessary support documents – centrally for project implementation in 3 project countries
- Check and carry out the petty cash counts each month with the Finance Assistant
- Support review of partner documentation on other projects as requested
- Check the correctness of coding, completeness of financial documents and review the payments prior to posting to the Financial system
- Verification and certification of accurate transactions in accordance with the standard guidelines
- Reviewing financial expenditures in the system and compiling monthly expenditure reports, analyse the reports and present it to the Head of Project Finance for discussion
- Facilitating both internal & external audits and the preparation of financial statements for auditors both office and donor audits.
- The applicant should preferably hold a degree in Accounting/ Finance or related field
- Two years of working experience in a similar position with International NGO’s.
- Previous experience working with EU (or complex donor) funded grants is desired
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office package) and other web-based accounting systems.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills, including intercultural communication
- Excellent language skills in English
- Stress management and the ability to multitask
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Essential – Willing to learn and a keen eye for details
- Self-motivated, pro-active and result-driven
- Being an open and reliable person with high integrity
- Ability to work independently (plan, prioritize, meet deadlines, communicate) independently) but at the same time being a team player
- Ability to connect with people of different backgrounds
- Ability to transfer skills
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below. Please ensure you fill in all the required fields and submit accordingly by clicking on “Apply Now” Button below to Start Your Application.
NB: Only online applications submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Deadline: 28th February 2020
NB: No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.