Job Title: Program Lead (Reforestation) – HYT Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: HYT Uganda
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Job type: Field work/ Contractor
Start date: Jan 2022
HYT Uganda Profile:
HYT Uganda (www.hytuganda.com) is an NGO that trains young men and women in construction with a special focus on the climate-friendly Interlocking Stabilised Soil Block (ISSB) technology. HYT is adding tree-planting to its activities in Bidi Bidi refugee settlement.
The successful candidate will implement an ambitious plan to plant between 300-500 trees in each of HYT’s current 50 school construction sites. This will include project design, pre-planting sensitisation sessions in schools, training sessions, monitoring visits and annual survival assessments.
The contract is 6 months of full time work. Following which there is a possibility of securing further work. This position will require the successful candidate to live Monday-Friday in Yumbe.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Collaboration with relevant external technical experts on issues related to forest and environmental protection and conservation in Bidi Bidi operation area and beyond;
- Represent HYT with local authorities and other stakeholders in the District jurisdiction;
- Coordinate all Forestry related activities across HYT construction sites;
- Design forestry program in 50 schools in Bidi Bidi including incentive structures to ensure 80% survival rate;
- Promote integration of environment protection and conservation in programming of all areas of HYT’s work;
- Spearhead forestry education in the designated areas of HYT operations with emphasis on resilience designs on promoting forest protection, development and climate change adaptation;
- Spearhead the development and review community forestation plans in collaborations with relevant stakeholders;
- Organize technical trainings for beneficiaries
- Sensitizing communities about the benefits of sustainable exploitation of forest resources;
- Participate in the development and implementation of HYT’s M&E tools, project plans/budget and funding proposals;
- Reporting project outcomes clearly to management.
- Passion for the environment with tree planting experience, knowledge in West-Nile species, nursery operation, seedling husbandry.
- Experience with forestry, agroforestry, NGO work, project management preferred.
- Ability to work in Uganda: Ugandan national, East African resident or refugee in Uganda.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Highly organised.
- Competent motorcycle rider with valid licence.
- Independent worker is a must.
- Experience working in refugee settlements.
- Experience working with district government forestry offices.
- Experience managing tree planting projects.
How To Apply for HYT Uganda Jobs 2021
Please email your resume/ cv and letter of motivation/ cover letter to [email protected]
NB: Successful applicants will be invited to an interview.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.