Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Fresher Data Entrant – Hunger Project Uganda Jobs
Organization: The Hunger Project Uganda
Job Location: Kiboga, Uganda
Job Category: Data, Monitoring, and Research
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
Project: FAO Project of Farmer Field Schools and Watershed
The Hunger Project Uganda Profile:
The Hunger Project — Uganda (THP-U) is part of the Global Hunger Project. THP has been implementing integrated Gender Focused Community-Led Development (GFCLD) programs since 1999, and so far, has a presence in 10 districts in Uganda; in which TH PU has empowered 12 clusters of rural communities! villages are known as Epicenters to end their own hunger and poverty through the Epicenter strategy. The epicentres are located in the districts of lganga, Kiboga, Kiruhura, Mbarara, Mbale, Mpigi, Butambala, Wakiso, Kyankwanzi and in 2019, THP-U commenced programme operations in Druka epicentre Nwoya District.
The Hunger Project, World ‘vision, Action Against Hunger, Save the Children, CEGAA a (South African based Centre for Economic Governance and Accountability in Africa and Max Foundation (Dutch-based organizations] teamed up into the Right 2 Grow consortium and applied for Dutch funding under the power of voices funding stream.
ln Uganda the grant is implemented by The Hunger Project Uganda as a lead partner, World Vision Uganda, Action Against Hunger and CEGAA in collaboration with local partners. The Right2Grow Consortium in Uganda is a mix of International, National and Local Civil Society Organisation and platforms with various expertise in nutrition and WASH advocacy, budget tracking and monitoring, and community-led development. The consortium members make use of promising practices to ensure government decision-makers and other key stakeholders can effectively address undernutrition in a multi-sectoral, gender-sensitive and inclusive way. The Hunger Project Uganda will lead the implementation of the Right2Grow programme in the Districts of Kabale, Maracha, Nwoya and Bugweri.
Right2Grow dream is for every child to be able to reach full potential, and no children under 5 are undernourished (aligned to SDG 2.2). The project aims at strengthening civil society to advocate for an enabling environment to tackle stunting reduction for children under 5 in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Mali, South Sudan and Uganda.
The Hunger Project Uganda is looking for qualified and experienced people to join the exciting Right2Grow Uganda consortium team by applying for this job opening.
The Data Entrant will be responsible for creating, organizing, and accurate database information to support the dissemination of the outreach activities of the FAO project of Field Schools and Watershed in Kiboga.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide research support to verify data entry quality from stakeholders, partners, and other institutions of interest
• Support continuous organisation and integration of data collected from various sources
• Prepare, source data by compiling, sorting, verifying, auditing its accuracy and resolving any deﬁciencies before entering it into its database.
• Enter data from source documents into the prescribed computer database, ﬁles and forms
• Support M&E, Microﬁnance and other THP-Ug and departments in areas of data collection, analysis and report writing.
• Comply with data backups, carry out database administration and offer technical support and training for Farmer Field school facilitators and other end, users. Ensure data presentation.
• Carry out routine project data and quality assessments
• Generate reports and respond to any data requests regarding associated data without errors.
• Comply with data integrity and security policies required skills.
• Verity and update existing data by comparing it to source documents
• Sort, organize and ﬁle paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications Sciences, Journalism, International Studies or related ﬁelds.
• Diploma additional computer training or certiﬁcation will be an added advantage
• Experience with MS Ofﬁce and data programs such as SPSS, Epi-into and other data related platforms.
• Organizational skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
• Proﬁciency in the English and knowledge of Luganda and Runyankore is an added advantage
• Strong interest to work in remote arrears and particularly with FAO Project
• Knowledge in documentation and communication using social media platforms
How To Apply for Hunger Project Uganda Jobs
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their applications, detailed CV and copies of their academic certiﬁcates as a single PDF document by email to [email protected] Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line. Hard copies can be delivered to; The Hunger Project Uganda — Plot BA, Nakasero Lane, Kisozi Complex P.0. Box 26393, Kampala.
Deadline: 9th March 2021 at 5:00Pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.