Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – Hunger Aid Africa Jobs
Organization: Hunger Aid Africa
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Hunger Aid Africa – Who we are?
Hunger Aid Africa serves as a convener, thought leader and voice of our community. Because we want real, long-term change, we work smarter: We mobilize our members to think and act collectively because we know more is possible that way. We also know that how we get their matters. So we set high standards. We insist on respecting human dignity. We work in partnerships.
Hunger Aid Africa Jobs: The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities of projects and assisting the Project Manager in preparing quarterly and annual reports on project progress. The post holder will monitor project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the Management Information System of the project. The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will also be responsible for the research, collection and analysis of different data in relation to project and programme activities.
Responsibilities and Roles;
- Be responsible for setting up and maintaining a database to capture all the project’s M&E activities, and results, and enhancing the information management of M&E related documents
- Coordinate the development of M&E systems and processes for data collection, collation and management, and programme and projects reporting and external reporting requirements
- Provide technical support and back-up to external consultants conducting surveys and impact measurements
- Collection of outcome-level data (knowledge/behaviour changes, awareness/satisfaction levels) at separate times from project implementation
- Provide technical advice on M&E, and lead in the analysis of projects’ baseline, evaluations and impact-assessment data, using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Be responsible for managing and regularly updating all relevant M&E documents, including quarterly reporting formats
- Be responsible for working with the Project Manager to ensure that M&E is well integrated at the planning stages of projects and throughout the projects to ensure regular monitoring of programme impact
- Provide support and training to staff, interns, community facilitators and partners to increase the use of M&E tools and approaches
- Ensure the integrity and quality of data in support of citizen-generated data and other metrics and survey
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or development studies;
- A minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience in developing and implementing M&E systems in NGOs or other development sector players
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including experience of working effectively across cultures and with diverse audiences
- A team player with excellent organizational skills
- A self-starter with the initiative and confidence to lead in their designated field – can work independently and prioritize own workload
- Impeccable analytical and interrogatory skills
- Ability to work under pressure yet deliver multiple tasks on time with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring, evaluation and M&E trends and discourse
- Understanding of research and evaluation methodologies (qualitative and quantitative)
Please send a cover letter and detailed CV including daytime phone number, email address, and 3 professional references.
Your CV should include your scores or grades and other measures of academic achievement, and details about any relevant work experience.
Applications to be sent by email to [email protected]
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis.
Deadline for Applications: 15th August 2019.