Job Title: ICT Support Officer – Hofokam Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Hofokam Ltd
Duty Station: Head Office (Fort Portal), Uganda
Reports to: Head of Business Technology
Hofokam Ltd Profile
Hofokam Ltd is one of the largest Micro Finance Institutions operating in western Uganda with its Head Office based at Fort Portal. Its Vision is “to be the preferred partner of vibrant and economically empowered households in Uganda”. Its mission is, “to provide quality and competitive financial services to households to enable them realise their goals” As an equal opportunity employer, we invite qualifying candidates to apply for the job being advertised as guided below.
We are in search of competent ICT Support officer to be a part of our Business Technology Department. The ICT Support Officer role is responsible for supporting all aspects of the ICT systems and services at Hofokam. Additionally, the role includes responsibility for ensuring the security and integrity of computer operations and systems development in accordance with Hofokam’s strategic plan & ICT plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide first point of IT Support contact for all Hofokam staff.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Perform End of day Processes for the Banking system.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to System vendors/Service providers.
- Log all incidents and service requests in Hofokam’s designated Helpdesk system.
- Manage Helpdesk tickets, planning and prioritizing systematically to minimize backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the integrity of the Hofokam network is not compromised.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Monitor performance of Hofokam Computer systems, ensuring issues are appropriately escalated and resolved.
- Provide technical assistance to project teams and undertake technical project roles when required; supporting the roll-out of new applications and solutions.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the IT team.
- Assist with ongoing development of related policies and procedures, including appropriate controls around organizational change management.
Minimum Qualifications for Hofokam Uganda Jobs 2021
- Minimum of a Diploma in IT/Computer science/Networking/Database Administration/Hardware installations or related qualifications.
- One year of experience working in a busy institution as an IT support officer/System administrator.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Ability to provide solutions to complex technical problems in a creative and analytic manner.
- Good team player
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent capacity to present and to explain the information, influence and persuade others, as well as promote understanding and consensus.
- Ability to balance, prioritizes, and organize multiple tasks.
- High level of energy, creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm and commitment self-confidence and initiative.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and awareness of deadlines.
- Hard working self-starter with initiative.
- Relevant IT/industry experience and/or qualifications/experience in the following areas:
- Database Management and Administration
- Network Installation and Management
- Hardware and Software installation and repairs.
- Unix/Linux Administration
- Kaspersky Antivirus Administration server Management
- Data backup and restoration.
- Sever installation and Management.
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Active Directory administration skills
- Age: 24-35 years of age.
How To Apply for Hofokam Uganda Jobs 2021
If you feel you truly meet the above criteria, please apply through the Human Resource Manager and attach a current Curriculum Vitae containing a day time telephone contact, names and details of at least three (3) referees preferably of your employer(s) and certified copies of academic and professional certificates and e-mail them strictly to [email protected]
Attachments MUST be in one PDF document and not exceeding 5MB in size.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 7th January 2022 by 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.