Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: 2 Drivers – Handicap International Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Handicap International Federation of Uganda
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda, Gross Salary: UGX. 915,149
Handicap International Uganda Profile:
Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Therefore, HI is currently seeking to recruit qualified personnel to fill the following Position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure the respect of the Ugandan traffic law while driving HI vehicles;
• Follow the Line Manager planning and instructions;
• Follow the instructions of the manufacturer and the HI rules when using the vehicle;
• Collects and delivers mail, and other communications from and to the post office, government agencies and other institutions, if requested by your line manager;
• Carry out banking/financial and other office out-door messenger related duties;
• Keep all personal documents as well as those of the vehicle with you and check that they are valid (driving licence, insurance paper, HI ID card, HI Waiver of liability form…);
• Fill in the Log book every day according to HI procedures;
• Behave in a respectful way at check point and/or to police officer and/or to military keeping in mind that you are representing HI;
• Respect HI security rules;
• Ensure the maintenance of the vehicle with respect to HI vehicle management procedure.
• Carry out daily checks before starting up the vehicle (oil level; water level; pressure of the tires etc…)
• Wash the car when needed and upon request from line manager.
• Make sure that the security toolbox and first aid kit are complete and onboard.
• Make sure the fuel tank is always half full.
• Inform the line manager when service is necessary.
• Solve minor technical problems.
• Inform the logistics department of any major repairs to be carried out.
• Follow the car rental supplier during his maintenance visit
• Record all the maintenance done in the logbook of each vehicle.
• Ensure the respect of the departure and arrival time of your movement. Inspect and prepare the vehicle the day before departure so as to be on time.
• Prepare additional equipment to be brought along according to the needs (fuel, stickers, flags, tools, medical kit).
• Guarantee the good loading and unloading of the car and tight the goods in an appropriate way. • Know the area map, especially HI staff houses, INGOs offices, UN offices … and relevant partners’ offices.
• Make sign a Waiver of Liability form letter for none HI staff.
• Respect of HI identity, rules and policies
• Know, understand, apply and respect HI code of conduct and ethics, HI mandate and values, HI rules and operating procedure, HI policies (child protection policy, policy and mechanism for the prevention of and fight against bribery, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy) and make sure they are known, understood, applied and respected by its team
• Know, understand, apply and respect HI security rules and make sure they are known, understood and applied by her/his team
• Regular refresher trainings are organized
• Advance level Certificate (Senior Six)
• Valid driving permit Class DL and CM
• Minimum of two years driving experience with an INGO
• Very Good Driving skills
• Good communication Skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Time management skills;
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data;
• Ability to work under high pressure
How To Apply for Humanity and Inclusion Uganda Jobs 2020:
All Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience please submit an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter to HR department at [email protected] indicating your preferred duty station;
(Please do follow the application process as detailed above to avoid disqualification)
Deadline: Thursday,03rd September 2020 at 5pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.