Job Title: Graduate Volunteer (Communications) – Habitat for Humanity Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Habitat for Humanity
Duty Station: Uganda
Habitat for Humanity Profile:
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit organization that helps people in your community and around the world build or improve a place they can call home.
The Position will give a support role to the Communications department in ensuring the success of various public projects and events for any and/or all of the HFHU initiatives and the resource mobilization efforts including maintaining the HFH brand in the market on our work and its impact on families served in Uganda.
We are recruiting communications volunteers to be part of the process of rejuvenating our volunteer initiatives in the country. The Communications graduate Volunteer will be required to provide support in executing a range of communications activities including publicity, visibility and media relations, multimedia content development and production, report writing and interviewing skills, storytelling and good editorial skill testimonies, social media and website management and engagement, video production among others. He or she should also have some skills in graphics and design.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Regularly Update and maintain HFHU Social media pages, websites and SMT on relevant information
- Share relevant updates with the EMEA Communications team
- Work with programs to develop story ideas, testimonies for HFHU media outlets, tithe partners and other key stakeholders including developing, compiling and sharing quarterly HFHU success stories storytelling/writing and other content production such as photography and basic videography from the area of operations.
- Maintain a photograph and video library for field-related activities by aggregating the different photos taken by the units during implementation and having them into one area to easy access to the photos when needed
- Undertake field visits and participate in planning, writing, and managing information updates, activity briefs and other information products (media content – photos and stories) for partners, and stakeholders as requested.
- Work with the Communications and Advocacy specialist to write, edit, and distribute content, including publication and press releases.
- Support with compiling project reports from all units
- Continually maintain and upgrade communications skills, keep abreast of emerging platforms and tools, and systematically review media impact results and other measurement tools for learning purposes.
- Assist in preparation, editing and production of professional media and communications materials for target audiences ensuring the highest quality standards and their timely dissemination via HFHU’s communication channels
- Assist with reporting of events with the support of the Communications and Advocacy Specialist
- Develop and support in monthly compilation success stories of the project’s activities
- Work with the M&E team to provide numbers to beef up success stories prepared for sharing with the public.
- Track, research and analyse information on assigned topics/issues, gather information from diverse sources and help to assess news value and other potential impact, as well as evaluate the effectiveness of information campaigns.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics
- Provide support in terms of events coordination, events management, and supporting corporate outreach and overall venue management
- Support with the general administrative and communications support as may be requested.
Minimum Qualifications for Habitat for Humanity Uganda Jobs 2022:
- A university Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Communication and any other relevant field
- A final year student or a fresh graduate who is currently volunteering in a reputable organization engaged in similar roles
- Possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Possess excellent communication and writing skills
- Basic knowledge in community, youth and orphans and vulnerable groups development
- Experience with online and social media communication strategies including the ability to work with Microsoft teams and zoom applications and willingness to learn how to work through calendars, set up meetings, etc.
- Knowledge of two or more of these local languages (Lusoga, Ateso, Luganda, Lutoro) is an added advantage
- Possess the ability to accurately follow directions
- Have a high degree of organization and self-motivation
- Can multitask
- Knowledge management and sharing;
- Development and operational effectiveness;
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyse data and present them in a comprehending simple language;
- Uses Information Technology effectively as a tool and resource;
- Result oriented and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude with the ability to work under pressure.
- Go-getter person who pays attention to detail and is confident to meet with people.
- Eager to learn and work with various teams.
- The ability to act as an effective and efficient team player.
- Willingness to travel.
The required intern will support the project activities for six months working from 1st April to and including September 2022 with the opportunity for possible career growth and extension depending on performance.
The successful candidate will be required to fulfil the HFH Values of:
- Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves
- Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
- Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission
Safeguarding: HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguard our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Habitat for Humanity Uganda is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, gender, tribal or ethnic group, political affiliate, creed or other.
How To Apply for Habitat for Humanity Uganda Jobs 2022
Applications should be addressed to the Human Resource and Administration Department and submitted before close of business on to this email address: [email protected]
Deadline: Friday, 25th March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.