Job Title: Driver – Habitat for Humanity Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Habitat for Humanity
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programs
Habitat for Humanity Profile:
Habitat for Humanity Uganda (HFHU) is affiliated to Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) headquartered in Atlanta – Georgia (U.S.A); and is an ecumenical Christian ministry that is dedicated to eliminating poverty housing. HFHU functionally reports to HFHI’s Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Area Office in Pretoria – South Africa. Over the last 10 years, Habitat for Humanity Uganda has rehabilitated and constructed over 24,000 houses, transforming over 144,000 lives across the country. Our country program has 5 field offices located in Kumi, Mayuge, Lugazi, Luweero, and Fort portal.
As the Driver, you will be responsible for driving vehicles to support program implementation and general operations. In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining a fleet of vehicles in accordance with HFHU regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Transportation & Safety
- Transport HFHU staff and visitors as instructed.
- Ensure safety of passengers & luggage at all times.
- Observe speed limits and all HFHU travel guidelines.
- Ensure use of seat belts at all times.
- Maintain vehicles allocated in sound mechanical condition.
- Ensure washing & general cleaning of vehicles is maintained.
- Ensure that vehicles are fueled and serviced promptly.
- Report any faults/breakdowns & accidents immediately to the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Ensure First Aid Kits are complete and spare & tools are in allocated vehicle.
- Ensure that vehicle tools are always kept in allocated vehicle.
- Ensure that all vehicles have log sheets and pens.
- Maintain accurate vehicle records to ensure that all trips, fuel fill-ups, time and mileage readings are recorded.
- Ensure fuel fill ups entry is made in the log sheet timely.
- Ensure vehicle request forms are filled and submitted for travel allocation to the Procurement and Logistics Officers.
- Submit all vehicle log sheets on a monthly basis to the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Ensure to check vehicle on daily basis and submit check list report to Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Submit field trip report after every trip to the Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Submit vehicle repair reports to the Procurement and Logistics Officer every time before and after repairs
- Running other office errands
- Check on vehicle comprehensive and 3rd party insurance
- Ensure that vehicle comprehensive and 3rd party insurance is valid.
- Inform Procurement and Logistics Officer 3 weeks in advance of renewals.
- Perform minor repairs as required and recommend major cases to the garage.
- Road test and certify all vehicles from the garages.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications for Habitat for Humanity Uganda Jobs 2022:
- O’ Level Education or equivalent
- Clean class B and/or DM Driver’s licence;
- Valid Defensive Driver’s certificate,
- At least three years of class B and/or DM driving proven experience;
- At least two years of NGO experience is required.
- At least two year’s relevant experience in the field
- Ability to work with a team of multicultural backgrounds
- Strong understanding of vehicle mechanics, maintenance and management
- No criminal record
- Open and willing to learn
- Honest and ethical
- Experience in customer care
- Well organized with ability to follow oral instructions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Great command of the English language
How To Apply for Habitat for Humanity Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should applicants should submit copies of: Cover letter and CV ONLY as one document to [email protected]. Clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line
Deadline: Tuesday 31st May 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.