Graduate Trainee (Technical Services) – UEDCL
September 5, 2022
Job Title: Graduate Trainee (Technical Services) – UEDCL
Organization: Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited Profile:
Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) was formed in 2001 by the electricity act of 1999 following the split of the Uganda Electricity Board (UEB).
UEDCL’s mandate is to own all the electricity distributions network below 33kv across the country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understand and explain the overall setup of the electricity supply industry (ESI) in Uganda, and position and mandate of UEDCL in the setup;
- Understand and explain setup of UEDCL as an institution, mission, vision, values, key mandates, and key stakeholders;
- Understand and explain the functions/outputs of departments in UEDCL and contribution to delivering on key mandates;
- Gain a thorough understanding of activities in the units, as outlined in the Strategic Plan, to which the Trainees are supposed to be attached, hence explain individual contribution/deliverables in the activities;
- Carry out practical assignments as and when assigned by supervising Senior Officers, or Management;
- Undergo periodic assessments by the overall Training Supervisor;
- Prepare a comprehensive Report at the end of the training program.
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- Only candidates with a Bachelor’s in any Business- or Engineering-related course with First Class Honors and Second Class Upper can apply.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages is required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Responsiveness and attention to detail.
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Strong organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Qualifying applicants should upload their CV (Clearly indicating 3 referees with contacts), Cover letter, and all copies of Academic and other support documents. Put the Job title on the subject Line.
Your application should be addressed to: The Head Human Resource & Administration, UEDCL Tower, Plot 37 Nakasero Road, Kampala.
NB: Each document that is to be uploaded should not exceed file size of 1MB.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for guidance on the next step.
Closing Date: 5:00PM, Friday 16th September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.