Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
About I Choose Life – Africa (ICL)
Graduate Trainee Jobs Uganda 2019 : I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is a youth-focused organization that seeks to empower youth in Kenya and across Africa as the foundation for sustainable development. Registered in 2004 and working closely with Government, ICL has over 14 years’ experience implementing evidence-based adolescents and youth programs in over 345 institutions of learning (Primary, Secondary and Higher learning institutions) across 23 Counties in Kenya. The organization implements programs in Health and Nutrition, Education, Economic Empowerment and Leadership and Governance Sectors. To ensure maximum impact in these sectors, ICL utilizes a multi-sectoral approach, Quadra Helix development approach (which brings together the Government, Private sector, Academia and Civil society) to foster innovative and sustainable transformation in communities
Vision: ‘Healthy Africa, Empowered People!’
Mission: To improve the life opportunities of youth aged 10-24 through strategic empowerment for sustainable development.
· Ensured proper bookkeeping, maintaining accounts payable and accounts receivable
· Prepared bank reconciliation, debtors and creditors reconciliation
· Filed payment vouchers, receipts, stamping them paid and following up on any issue raised during an internal audit
· Assisted in budget preparation and ensured its proper implementation to minimize the variance
· Processed payments, released cheques and ensured creditors are paid on time
· Received financial reports from the field and reviewed prior posting and payment processing
· Ensured that all procurement procedures and policies are adhered to
· Ensured petty cash and working advances are well accounted for before presenting to project accountant for processing
· Processed statutory deductions and ensured compliance to the various bodies e.g. KRA, NSSF, NHIF, Pension etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Degree in Relevant Business Field.
· At least CPA II qualification
· A minimum of 6-month experience in any organization preferably in the finance or accounts department will be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Computer literacy skills especially in MS Excel.
· Proven ability to multi-task and process information within the timelines.
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Proven ability to solve problems independently with minimal supervision.
· Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment.
· Possess the ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines.
· Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
· Working knowledge of Navision will be an added advantage but not necessarily a must.
· Strong ability to work multi-task and meet expected deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications should be via email. Your CV and cover letter should reach us on or before Thursday 6th June 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last and expected salary in your CV in pdf format with subject as ‘Finance Intern’. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
I Choose Life – Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date: 06 Jun 2019