Graduate Trainee (Internal Auditor) – UEDCL
September 5, 2022
Job Title: Graduate Trainee (Internal Auditor) – UEDCL
Organization: Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited Profile:
Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) was formed in 2001 by the electricity act of 1999 following the split of the Uganda Electricity Board (UEB).
UEDCL’s mandate is to own all the electricity distributions network below 33kv across the country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assist performance of processes that ensure compliance with organization’s operational and accounting policies in line with the UEDCL strategy and standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (SPPIA),
• Perform Compliance Audits across all departments of the organization and report on the findings accordingly
• Assist in the design of internal control Compliance check lists for all heads of sections to keep them abreast with the compliance requirements as they execute their day to day activities.
• Support / Handle special Audit assignment requests by the Managing Director into various special financial and operational investigations in line with UEDCL policies and procedures.
• Support Preparation of a work methodology and conduct audit of Umeme asset investments in line with the Lease and Assignment agreement.
• Assist performance of value for money audits and advise management how to efficiently, effectively and economically use the available scarce resources.
• Support the formulation of risk management strategies and policies and all operations areas of the organization, reviewing exposure to risk and the effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate risks.
• Assist the review of financial systems and report on compliance with the UEDCL Financial Policies and the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and practices.
• Assist on any other special assignments as appropriate (e.g. fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews) as requested.
• Prepare internal audit reports which present audit findings in a clear, concise manner
• Recommend improvements to systems and controls based on observations and best practice
• Have an awareness of the various services provided by UEDCL
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- Only candidates with a Bachelor’s in any Business- or Engineering-related course with First Class Honors and Second Class Upper can apply.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages is required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Responsiveness and attention to detail.
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills.
Qualifying applicants should upload their CV (Clearly indicating 3 referees with contacts), Cover letter, and all copies of Academic and other support documents. Put the Job title on the subject Line.
Your application should be addressed to: The Head Human Resource & Administration, UEDCL Tower, Plot 37 Nakasero Road, Kampala.
NB: Each document that is to be uploaded should not exceed file size of 1MB.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for guidance on the next step.
Closing Date: 5:00PM, Friday 16th September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.