Graduate Procurement Intern – WFP Uganda
September 11, 2022
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Procurement) Intern
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Job holders at this level are responsible for the completion of a range of procurement processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. The job purpose is to perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures, and policies that support efficient and effective procurement services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Professional staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
- Compile data, and prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities.
- Review, record and prioritize purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions.
- Research, collate, and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programs
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- An undergraduate or a recent graduate from a bachelor’s Programme from a recognized university in Uganda within the last 3 years 2019-2021 prior to the application for the internship Programme. With at least a second-class degree in a relevant program to the activities of WFP Uganda Country Office. The University degree should be certified by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Experience in Procurement activities
- Experience in conducting analyses and developing reports.
- Good working knowledge and experience in MS Office applications is desirable
- A mature person with good reporting and writing skills, proactive, with initiative and, good communication skills, ability to work in a team and establish effective working relations in a multicultural team environment
- Fluency in oral and written English.
Applications from interested applicants must be made online via the link below:
Closing Date: Friday 23rd September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.