Graduate Logistics Intern – WFP Uganda
September 12, 2022
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Logistics) Intern
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The objective of the Internship programme is to identify and develop young agile local talent that will enable WFP to thrive within the changing operational environment. This is directly aligned with the evolution of WFP Uganda’s strategic direction for example the shift to digital cash-based transfer, increased focus on innovation, social protection and resilience, nutrition, and food systems, among others. Job holders at this level are responsible for completion of a range of logistics and overall supply chain-related processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. The job purpose is to perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective logistics activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform administrative and logistics activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Professional staff in the delivery of in-kind and Cash-Based assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support the Operational Information Management (OIM) function through activities such as digitalization/dashboards whilst ensuring harmonization across various Area Offices/Field Offices.
- Support the Logistics NFI procurement function and liaise with team members to ensure purchase requests are submitted to Procurement in a timely manner.
• Support specific contracting processes, including but not limited to drafting letters, and carrying out logistics market assessments.
• Respond to routine queries received and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
• Proofread written documents, such as standard reports and correspondence, to contribute to the accuracy of written information developed by staff.
• Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful logistics and operational activities.
• Research, collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders
. • Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
• Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organized and readily available for the business team.
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- University degree in Transport and Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement, Business Administration e or any other related field With at least a second-class degree in a relevant programme to the activities of WFP Uganda Country Office. University degree should be certified by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- A recent graduate from a bachelor’s programme from a recognized university in Uganda within the last 3 years 2019-2021 prior to the application for the internship programme.
- Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Knowledge of standardized business support work routines and methods.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
- Good attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
- Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
- Fluency in oral and written English, including strong writing skills
Applications from interested applicants must be made online via the link below:
Closing Date: Friday 23rd September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.