Graduate Human Resources Intern – WFP Uganda
September 12, 2022
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Human Resources) Intern
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
We are seeking qualified individuals for the position of Business Support Assistant (Human Resources) Intern to be based in Kampala. Selected candidates will be employed on Special Service Agreement. To perform a range of HR tasks to support the Human Resources Unit nurture a culture of an excellent employee experience in line with the WFP Human Resources policies and procedures
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated including onboarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Support with Coordination of employee engagement activities for example, HR related surveys, staff wellness initiatives, HR-related sessions, etc.
- Compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance, and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Support staff separations while ensuring relevant documents are maintained before an employee leaves the organization.
- In partnership with the supervisors follow up on the accomplishment of learnings required e.g., mandatory courses.
- Support staff to use online medical services such as obtaining temporary medical cards, E-Claims etc.
- In partnership with supervisors, follow up on performance management process e.g., performance plans and annual assessment in accordance with the performance management cycle.
- Provision of assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR-related matters, i.e., payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information to enable timely HR services.
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Assist in the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- University degree in either Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, Social Sciences, Education, or other relevant field obtained from a recognized education institution.
- A recent graduate from a bachelor’s program from a recognized university in Uganda within the last 3 years 2019-2021 prior to the application for the internship program with at least a second class degree. University should be certified by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- With certified academic certificates and a valid National Identity Card.
- Be fluent in English (both oral and written) and medically fit to travel across WFP Uganda.
Applications from interested applicants must be made online via the link below:
Closing Date: Friday 23rd September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.