Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: Trainee Natural Resources Stewardship Programme – GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: GIZ Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Natural Resources Stewardship Programme Profile:
The Natural Resources Stewardship Programme (NatuReS), funded by the European Union, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ). NatuReS promotes multi-stakeholder collective action for more sustainable management of natural resources. NatuReS aims to strengthen and support local public-private-civil society partnerships to address shared natural resource threats while capitalising on synergies/opportunities and improving stewardship at scale. Put simply, stewardship is about taking care of a common resource that is important to everyone. NatuRes currently operates in Ethiopia, Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda and South Africa.
The NatuReS programme is supporting partner institutions from the public and private sector as well as civil society to strengthen collective action for water-secure and pollution-free urban areas in Greater Kampala Metropolitan Area (GKMA) and Gulu City Council (GCC). The aim of collective action is to safeguard natural resources while fostering inclusive growth and prosperity.
GIZ NatuReS is looking for a graduate trainee to support the policy and knowledge component of the natural resources stewardship programme.
Roles and Responsibilities:
A. Key Responsibilities
▪ Creation and management of knowledge and information databases for the policy and knowledge component of NatuReS Uganda.
▪ Technical backstopping on knowledge and policy-related activities
▪ Logistical support towards the delivery of capacity building activities across the programme
B. Specific Tasks
i) Technical backstopping
▪ Create and maintain a database containing a pool of experts to support NatuReS programme undertakings in Uganda
▪ Support preparation of activity concept notes, activity progress reports, etc.
▪ Support specific field and desk research tasks, and technical assessments required for the implementation of partnerships.
▪ Create and maintain knowledge and information databases on specific natural resource management topics and green growth issues.
▪ Support organizing meetings and schedules for programme level partnerships on policy and knowledge
▪ Support planning, organizing, coordination and documentation of workshops, trainings, and other capacity-building activities
▪ Handle partnership correspondences (letters and minutes etc.) on policy and knowledge component
iii) Knowledge management and logistical support
▪ Research and review the latest developments and best practices in natural sources stewardship and green growth
▪ Support development and dissemination of communication materials (factsheets, articles, posters etc.).
▪ Support procurement processes and ensure timely delivery of procurements under the knowledge and policy component
iv) Other duties
▪ Be pro-active and able to work independently.
▪ Keep him/herself updated about the current developments in natural sources management and green growth.
▪ Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the Technical Advisor and NatuReS Country Coordinator.
c) Required qualifications, competences
Graduate (bachelors or master’s degree) in social sciences, political sciences, earth or environmental sciences, development and environmental economics, or a related field.
Should have completed the above-mentioned degree in the last twelve months with first or second class upper
• Practical experience or knowledge in research – a good undergraduate or master’s degree dissertation. The dissertation should demonstrate the application of qualitative skills e.g. stakeholder consultations and analysis to deliver policy recommendation.
• Practical experience in environmental management and policy issues in Uganda or East Africa. Good understanding of stakeholders in the water and environment sector, basic knowledge and understanding of green growth principles and experience in engaging in policy-related discussions.
Good organisational and analytical skills and ability to work well under pressure
Good working knowledge of ICT (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office databases – Word, Powerpoint and Excel).
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken the English language
• Openness to learning and excited to explore new ideas and approaches.
How To Apply for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
Please note: This is a national position. Application and CV should be in one document including testimonial and/ transcript. please do not attach any other documents. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th March 2021 at 5:00Pm
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.