GIZ Uganda Jobs 2019:
The European Union Emergency Trust Fund (EUTF) and the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) have commissioned the Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) with the programme “Supporting Refugees”. GIZ continues to support the Nile Basin Initiative (in planning and coordinating the sustainable management of water resources in the Nile Basin.
Job Description :
The IT Officer provides support in
- Providing ICT support to the project office
- Assisting the Head of IT Services in maintaining GIZ IT standards, policies and guidelines within the project office.
The IT Officer Performs The Following Tasks
- Configure and deploy new workstations, laptops and peripheral equipment
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, update and maintain workstations and laptops
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot printers/copiers as well as manage toner requests
- Setup and support audio/visual equipment for presentations and training on and off site.
- Implement, maintain and configure all standard GIZ software (e.g. office 365, Onsite, Winpaccs, SAP, IDA)
- Install authorised software to desktops & laptops
- Ensure that all software on GIZ IT equipment is licensed and the licenses recorded.
- Ensure anti-virus and spyware software is installed and up to date on all computers
- Ensure that users are aware of the IT security guidelines
- Maintain and configure LAN and WLAN network security.
Network related tasks
- Monitor LAN, WLAN and internet to ensure network functionality and availability to all system users
- Ensure that the LAN topology documentation for the project office is up to date.
- Perform regular system back-up and ensure the integrity of back-up
- Escalate ICT issues to the IT Country office where necessary.
- Carries out and ensures general administration of the entire IT system
- Safeguards the system against hackers
- Resolves all computer and internet problems, prepares all the necessary information and provides phone support
- Ensures an IT emergency service
- Assists in advising on IT projects
- Maintains a list of all hardware and software systems, and updates this to reflect changes
- Documents the installation and settings on the server and on all computers.
- Keep server room organised and secure.
Other Duties/additional Tasks
- Supports the Digital Ambassador of GIZ Uganda on technical needs around Digitalization within the RISE Programme
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical, Software or Telecommunication engineering and any relevant IT professional certifications (CCNA, MCP, CompTIA Network+).
- 1 year or initial (internship or similar) experience in this area with a reputable organisation
Other Knowledge, Additional Competencies
- Outstanding working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Excellent knowledge of English in writing and speaking
- Ideally knowledge of Lugbara and Arua
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV along with the contacts of three professional referees to:
P.O. Box 34934,
Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 28th July 2019.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.