Job Title: Fresher Accountant – FSD Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Financial Sector Deepening Uganda (FSD Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Financial Controller
Financial Sector Deepening Uganda (FSD Uganda) Profile:
Financial Sector Deepening Uganda (FSDU) is an independent not-for-profit company committed to promoting greater access to and usage of financial services in Uganda. FSD Uganda seeks to develop a more inclusive financial sector with a focus on low-income individuals (particularly women) and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
FSD Uganda works with both public and private sector players to develop sustainable improvements in the livelihoods of low-income individuals through reduced vulnerability to shocks, increased incomes, and employment creation. We support innovation, conduct research, help promote and improve policy, laws and regulation that shape the financial sector in Uganda through targeted Technical Assistance (TA) and grants. FSD Uganda is funded by The Government of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. We are part of a network of eight other financial inclusion organizations working in the Sub Saharan region of Africa.
The objective of this job is to coordinate the execution of all Finance operational processes in line with the established Financial Controls framework.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Accountable for financial oversight over all routine financial and administrative processes of FSDU through effectively supervising Finance operations Teams and providing the necessary reviews and approvals for routine operations as may be required.
- Day-to-day supervision of the payables and receivables accounts; ensure timely payments and that all paid invoices have the required supporting documentation per funder requirements.
- Implement appropriate systems for management of and accounting for cash advances to field offices and other operational programs.
- Closely support Pillar Heads or Program Managers in management of project budgets, burn rate, financial projections and project cash flow management.
- Support the Financial Compilation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual statutory reports and returns and ensure full compliances in line with the internal guidelines and external regulations.
- Accountable for financial reporting in line with IFRS and ensuring integrity, accuracy and completeness of financial data.
- Manage and track project/program funds and assets in line with FSDU financial management policies and asset management policy.
- Support coordination of project/program financial performance reviews and audits.
- Supervise FSD routine /operational payment processes and ensure that all petty cash requisitions are dully vetted, authorized & processed on time.
- To ensure complete and accurate accountability for the petty cash
- Supervise timely review of all supplier bills and payments; ensure all suppliers are paid within agreed contractual terms.
- Supervise record keeping of all the financial & non-financial transactions at the head office as well as well records from program/project based activities
- Support the Financial Controller during both internal and external audits by acting as a key point of contact during the audit of the financial operations of FSDU.
- Advise the finance manager and other stakeholders on the financial position of the organization.
- The applicant must be a certified accountant with at least five years of relevant experience obtained from a reputable organization.
- A first degree in Finance, Commerce, Economics or Statistics would be preferred.
- A master’ degree in Business Management or Finance/Accounting would be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in broad range of financial technical finance competences including Financial planning, Financial Control and Reporting.
- Proven experience of implementing financial controls and/or financial risk management frameworks.
- Experience of having worked in either a large financial institution or background in large commercial setting or mainstream accounting/audit is a must.
- Competencies in IFRS provisions & compliance, Strategic & financial planning, budgeting and monitoring.
How To Apply for FSD Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send a cover letter and updated CV to [email protected] with subject line Accountant
Closing Date: 27th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.