Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Audit Manager
PostBank Uganda Ltd is a financial institution owned by the government of Uganda and regulated by Bank of Uganda. The bank has its operations in over 30 branches spread across the country and 290 ATMs after joining Interswitch.
Job Summary: The PostBank Systems Auditor will be in charge of the design and monitoring of control systems which ensure the accuracy and security of information and data, and to analyse information processing systems in order to assess their completeness’, accuracy and validity. The jobholder will also review application systems and business procedure in line with the banks business objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all ICT-related issues that come up within the course of bank operations not specific to the audit plan
- Work closely with Head ICT and ensures that all systems updates, modifications are properly authorised, tested and documented
- Prepare ICT related tests for auditable areas
- Prepare audit plans and work papers for assigned normal, snap and follow up audits
- Determine the effectiveness of internal control in areas being audited, identify weakness and make recommendations to strengthen controls
- Offer on job training to internal auditors in audit procedures and standards.
- Compile and submit timely, clear and well written reports to Audit Manager
- Maintain current and permanent audit plans
- Draft updates to audit programmes and audit manual
- Provides audit inputs with respect to the adequacy of internal controls for new systems being developed in house or purchased from a software vendor
- Advise management on the systems weakness and provide control measures to minimise the risk of such weakness.
- Performs special investigations as assigned.
- Performs preliminary audit surveys
- Maintains effective working relations with Management and units audited
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the Postbank Systems Auditor job should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Professional certifications i.e. CISA/CISM or any other informationsystems certifications
- At least two to three years’ experience preferably with a financial institution
- Possesses competent knowledge in accounting principles, auditing standards and techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of ACL is an added advantage.
- The applicant must be a team player
How to Apply:
All candidates should send the following to the address below;
- Detailed and updated CV
- Certified copies of certificates and testimonials
- Applicant’s address and daytime telephone contact
- Postal/ email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society.
The Head Human Resources, PostBank Uganda Limited, Plot 4/8 Nkrumah Read, P.O. Box 7189 Kampala (U)
Deadline: 26th September, 2016 by 5:00pm