Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager and Savings Manager
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Savings Officers will be responsible for integrating and aligning savings growth with introduction of new alternative channels, manage client relationships and ensure that personal targets are achieved in the attached branch
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Branch Manager, draws the monthly action plan for the field promotion activities of the attached branch;
- Implements the schedule of action plan agreed at the beginning of the month and provide daily feedback to his/her direct supervisor;
- Responsible to represent and comprehensively explain UGAFODE mission and vision and all other products to the potential customers;
- Must have excellent product knowledge of UGAFODE products and other competitors in the market, as well as its his/her responsibility to stay updated with the changes related the products’ features that might occur and provide a transparent information to the potential customer;
- Responsible to conduct financial literacy trainings to communities, schools and UGAFODE existing clients.
- Sells and cross sells all the savings accounts accordingly and other alternative delivery channel products, such as, AirSave, Money Transfer, Mobile Money, etc.;
- Suggests specific or particular savings promotion activities according to the specifics of the area and prepare the action plan in the branch level;
- Supports the branch team in the market drive activities, leads the team and guarantees the follow up process for opening accounts to the potential customers identified during the field event;
- Responsible to achieve the personal monthly targets both, in numbers and volumes;
- Follows up the and makes sure that the accounts activated by his/her promotion efforts are actively used by the customers;
- Keep record of the data collected in the field on a predefined template;
- Reports and provides feedback to Branch Manager and Savings Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) Savings Officer jobs should hold Bachelor’s degree in any business related field. Professional qualification is an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of related work experience in a financial institution or from a highly sales-driven environment
- Prior Experience as a Savings Officer in a reputable Bank, Microfinance Bank or other Financial Institutions is an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and confident
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include a cover letter and an up-to-date detailed CV. Your applications should include names of three professional referees and a day-time telephone contact. Send them to:
Head of Human Resources,
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI),
Silva Arcade, Plot 62 Bombo Road,
P.O. Box 30815, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: [email protected] (Please indicate the position you are applying for)
Deadline: 20th December, 2016