Finn Church Aid (FCA) is Finland’s biggest development co-operation organization and the second biggest organization in Finland working in humanitarian aid. Finn Church Aid is a member of the ACT Alliance (ACT), an alliance of faith-based development and humanitarian aid organizations forming one of the world’s largest aid organizations. FCA has received funds from UNICEF to implement a project aimed at improving the quality of Education in seven districts namely; (Adjumani, Moyo, Kibale, Nebbi, Yumbe, Zombo, Koboko).
FCA now seeks applications from suitable candidates to fill the following positions
Project Support Officer (01 Position)
Duty station: Kampala but with frequent travels to the field Project Support Officer will be responsible for supporting the project coordinator to undertake project activities. He or she will be accountable to the Project Coordinator and will from time to time work with her or her office to ensure proper project implementation.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in planning, developing, supervising, implementing and coordinating the project within the project area of operation
- Liaise and consult regularly with the M & E Officer to ensure effective implementation
- Prepare periodic work plan in liaison with Project Coordinator
- Make regular field visits to the project area of operation to assess project progress
- Assists the Project Coordinator in supervising project staff and taking appropriate action to ensure efficient and effective performance
- Bachelors degree in Education, Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences and any other related discipline.
- Qualification in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
- Computer Literate and proficiency in project planning and management software applications
- At least three (3) years’ experiences in community work of education projects with a reputable public body or NGO.
- High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication as well as team building and negotiation skills. ‘
- Knowledge of one of the focal languages
- Willing to reside in Adjumani and possession of a valid motorcycle riding license)
Job application procedure
Applications should be hand delivered or sent by email, addressed to: The Country Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda Program, P.0. BOX 21826 Kampala. Please send your short application and CV to: [email protected]ﬁ
Deadline: Not later than 25th October 2016.