Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Type: Contractual
Marie Stopes Uganda is an NGO registered in Uganda. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. Together we deliver quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women.
Reporting to and working with the Centre Manager, the Laboratory Technician’s main role is to maintain the high clinical standards expected by MSI and actively work to promote the clinic and contribute to improved financial performance
1. Client care
• Provide comprehensive laboratory services to centre clients.
• Taking necessary steps to ensure that all centre clients are treated with sensitivity, respect, and consideration.
• Promptly refer clients to the Centre Manager if complaints are raised
2. Supplies Management:
• In liaison with the Centre Manager, ensures that adequate, but not excessive stocks are maintained.
• Ensure that Lab stock cards are up-dated regularly.
• Ensures that appropriate spare equipment (e.g. bulbs for microscope, slides, test tubes) is maintained at the centre to avoid inconveniencing clients.
• Ensure that the Centre Manager is alerted in a timely manner of expiring reagents to allow for timely notice to Support Office and transfer to another centre for usage.
3. Technical Excellence:
• Based on laboratory request form and recorded client notes, be able to conduct and report on the tests such as: Blood slide for malaria, film commentary, Urinalysis, Microscopy (stool, urine, HVS swabs), occult blood (stool), white cell count, blood grouping, clotting time, ESR, widal tests, VDRL/RPR, HB, Gram Stain, Brucella test, HCG test, Sickling Test, blood sugar, semen analysis, sputum AAFB, HIV rapid tests AND any other relevant tests.
• Ensure that the highest standards of laboratory services are provided to clients as per AMREF, MOH and MSI guidelines.
• Take responsibility and ensure that their laboratory comply with Infection Prevention Guidelines i.e.
a. Correct and orderly storage of reagents and supplies
b. Correct and timely decontamination procedures in place and implemented at all times
c. Correct medical waste management (sorting out general waste and, contaminated waste and sharps correctly)
d. Disposable gloves are worn at appropriate times by the Laboratory Technician
e. Clean and tidy laboratory is including all equipment such as microscope, centrifuge, and fridge, bench-top /sink area at all times.
• Ensure the reagents are correctly transported and stored (including maintenance of cold chain for refrigerated reagents)
• Ensure a warm and attractive laboratory environment for clients.
• Ensure that the laboratory is clean, neat and tidy at all times.
4. Record Keeping and Reporting:
• Ensure that laboratory test orders and results for company clients are properly recorded on the claim forms and accurate results are timely submitted to Medical staff.
• Ensure that the laboratory registers are correctly and neatly completed (MSU clients, VCT & Outside Contract Work etc)
• Ensure that timely monthly laboratory reports are forwarded to the Centre Manager.
• Monitor fridge temperature and record the figures (temperature inside fridge) on a daily basis
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
• Diploma in Medical Laboratory Techniques from a recognized institution
• Full registration with Allied Health Professionals Council
• Ability to perform laboratory procedures efficiently and effectively to AMREF, and MOH standards
• Knowledge of Family Planning
• Ability to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
• Strong people management skills
Deadline: 12 Midnight on Friday 4th November 2016
To Apply click this link: Fresher Diploma Laboratory Technician Jobs (4) – Marie Stopes Uganda
PLEASE NOT THAT THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION AND SELECTED APPLICANTS WILL ONLY BE CALLED UPON TO WORK WHENEVER A NEED ARISES WITHIN THEIR AREA OF PREFERENCE