Organization: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Study Consultant
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) seeks to end pediatric HIV/AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs. We are a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries and at 7,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners over the last 25 years, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States and new infections in children have declined by 58% worldwide. EGPAF Uganda Country program is currently implementing a number of projects in partnership with various donors.
Job Summary: The Data Entrant will be tasked with processing and entering all collected data into the appropriate statistical programs in accordance with the study that is Developing and Validating a Pediatric and Adolescent HIV Testing Eligibility Screening Tool for Health Care Providers in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in a training on study-specifics and ethical procedures
- Prepares source data by compiling, sorting, verifying its accuracy and resolving any deficiencies before it is entered into the study database
- Undertakes to enter and clean all the program and research data entered into the database as detailed in the data management standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Secures information centrally by completing database backups as per the SOPs
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes as per the study SOPs
- Offers support in the compilation of statistical information for reports
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Actively contributes to team effort by performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) Data Entrant job placement should hold a degree in Statistics, Population Studies Demography, Epidemiology and other related disciplines, including Social Sciences and Public Health
- Prior experience in research methods and data management
- The applicant must have passed both English and Mathematics at ‘O’ Level
- Knowledge in MOH health facility HMIS tools
- Proficient in use of the computer: Experience with basic computer packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Epi-Info and various databases
- Organization, Typing, Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Decision Making, Independence, Analyzing Information , Results Driven, Energy Level
- Ability to work in a team (good team player)
- Quick Learner (will undergo training in the software to be used in the study)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send apply online at the link below.