Job Title: Administration Assistant (Mercy Corps Jobs Uganda)
Organisation: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Mercy Corps is an international non-profit organization which implements high-quality, analytical development programmes in very difficult places. Mercy Corps has been operating in Uganda since 2006. It has and continues to implement programs in Acholi and Karamoja sub regions. Mercy Corps is taking a community-led, market driven approach to address poverty and food insecurity needs through interventions that get to the root causes and contributing factors of economic vulnerability. Donors include the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), DFID, Mastercard Foundation, WALMART Foundation, Coca Cola Africa Foundation, US Depart of State (DOS) /PEPFAR, and Nike Foundation – Mercy Corps Jobs Uganda
Job Summary: The Administration Assistant will mainly be responsible for providing support to the management of human resources and administrative support for Mercy Corps programming in Kitgum, Uganda focusing more (70%) on the TRAIL program and 30% on DYNAMIC; Assist in the achievement of MC program objectives with the facilitation of recruitment, orientation, management of staff database, office supply, staff travel and accommodation, and general administration issues in the HR / Administration Department. Administration Assistant will also be expected to manage petty cash for the office activities – Mercy Corps Jobs Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Mercy Corps management in Kitgum Office in facilitating the smooth flowing of routine, administrative work of the Mercy Corps office, program support operations and petty cash management;
- Must have a clear understanding on MC policies and program needs; must be able to help facilitate trainings to all support staff to ensure the smooth, uninterrupted implementation of all MC programs;
- Assist management in facilitating the adherence to Mercy Corps administrative, IT, HR and logistics procedures and staff policies by support staff. Provide training and guidance to support staff, as needed;
- Responsible for the smooth running of the following office functions: Reception of visitors, photocopies, mail services, and telephones;
- Prepare duty roster for cleaners; day to day supervision of property management including cleaners and office maintenance. Ensure the office and compound are clean and maintained at a routine schedule;
- Responsible for maintaining of all admin documents and making them available for all MC Kitgum staff, maintaining a central filing system;
- Responsible for maintaining all administrative notice boards – keeping them updated, clean and neat in appearance;
- Responsible for maintaining contact sheet for MC Kitgum – ensuring all contact details are updated and distributed to MC staff and other MC Offices;
- Support the Logistics and Procurement Officer in maintaining office supply records and ensuring that stock records are properly maintained and updated;
- Assist in the collection of monthly timesheets and forward to Finance;
- Assist Logistics and Procurement Officer in processing payments for all service contractors;
- Manage daily transactions and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, inventory receivables and payables;
- The incumbent will ensure that all necessary documentation is fully completed and approved in line with Mercy corps procurement and finance manuals before making any payments;
- Ensure operational cash advance is adequately maintained;
- Assist in weekly or monthly cash counts and reconciliations;
- Responsible for proper filling of receipts and finance documentations according to Mercy corps procedures;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Administration Assistant job opportunity should preferably hold a Diploma in preferably Human Resource, Social Work, Public Administration, Education, or other related field
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position preferably with Humanitarian Organization.
- At least two years’ experience with office administration;
- Good computer skills
- The applicant must be an independent thinker
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Demonstrated excellence in human resource and administrative management, particularly in a multi-cultural environment, including staff training, motivation, and discipline
- Demonstrated excellence in petty cash management preferred.
- Good writing and communications skills.
- Good negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with a diverse staff.
- Keen attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Strong ability to innovatively solve problems.
- Honesty and integrity at all costs.
- A good team player, with good communication and diplomatic skills.
- Good analytical and information management skills.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- High degree of flexibility and creative in planning and problem solving.
- Attention to detail, ability to follow procedures and meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Skill in maintaining professional internal and external relationships.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information both for the staff and the organization.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter clearly stating the salary requirements, updated CV (with three professional referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Mercy Corps Uganda to: [email protected]
Deadline: 16th January 2017
Fresher Job opportunities in Uganda: Fresher Administrative Assistant – Mercy Corps Jobs in Uganda