Job Title: Livelihood Officer – FRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Finnish Refugee Council (FRC)
Duty Station: Kikube, Uganda
Reports to: Livelihood Specialist / Project Manager
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) Profile
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an INGO promoting adult education and community development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to UNHCR and OPM.
The key purpose of the job is to promote and advocate climate-smart and environmentally friendly agricultural methods and practices under “Enhanced Livelihood Opportunities through Climate-Smart Agriculture” -projects. Main part of this is to develop and implement various agriculture-related trainings and provide one-on-one technical support and advise.
In addition, the post holder assists in the training of Business Skill facilitators, who are supervised by Adult Education Officers, and acts as a technical resource person to “Access to Adult Education” -project in relation to practical agriculture-related activities.
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture or Agribusiness with strong experience on climate and environmental agriculture related matters.
- Experience in livelihoods, microfinance and IGA methodology.
- Experienced facilitator and trainer, with training material development skills.
- At least 3 years’ professional work experience in agriculture.
- Working experience in resilience initiatives is highly preferred.
- Willingness to travel and live in several rural project locations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and achieve results.
- Experience working with non-governmental organisations and local communities, authorities and NGOs.
- Ability to use standard computing packages.
- Knowledge of languages spoken by major refugee groups; Kiswahili, Madi, Nuer, Dinka.
How To Apply for FRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates should Email the Application to [email protected]
Application and CVs Should be one document and a maximum of 5 pages
Include in your application letter:
- Gross salary request,
- Contact details (email and telephone) of 3 professional reference persons.
Please quote the Position and Location in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Do not email copies of certificates.
NB: If you do not hear from FRC by end of April, your application has not been successful.
Deadline: 30th March 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.