Job Title: ICT Assistant – FOWODE Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE) Profile:
Forum for Women in Democracy (FOWODE) is a national women’s non-governmental organization based in Kampala. Forum for Women in Democracy is a non-partisan women’s organization operating in Uganda with its head office in Kampala. FOWODE grew out of the Women’s Caucus of the 1994 –1995 Constituent Assembly (CA) that debated and passed the 1995 Constitution. The organization’s mission is to promote gender equality in all areas of decision making through capacity development, community empowerment, policy engagement and strategic partnerships.
The Information Communication Technology (ICT) Assistant is responsible for installation, operation and maintenance of computer systems and other technologies such as communication systems. S/he will train users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the ICT infrastructure.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Keep computer systems running smoothly and ensure users get the maximum benefit from them.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and replace parts as required.
- Oversee the implementation of the ICT and equipment policy.
- Manage and update the organization’s website and social media platforms.
- Track all ICT inventory at Head Office and Field Offices.
- Facilitate the effective sharing of information within and outside the organization through proper management of the Local Area Network (LAN) as well as connectivity to the internet (WAN).
- Ensure proper implementation of the organization’s ICT disaster recovery strategy through regular and strategic backup of organisational information.
- Recommend, schedule and perform OC hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades and repairs.
- Support the roll-out of new applications.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information Communication Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related degree from a reputable university.
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience in ICT work in an organization.
- Knowledge of computer networking systems and computer hardware is essential.
- Proven experience as an ICT Technician.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server administration.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Knowledgeable on recent versions of Microsoft Office software suite (Microsoft 365 administration).
- Ability to work independently and also as a team.
- Strong Written and oral communication skills.
How To Apply for FOWODE Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant academic documents to [email protected].
Please ensure that your attachments do not exceed 5 MB.
Closing Date: 3rd June 2022 at 5.00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.