Search For Jobs offers in Uganda
Job Title: 99 Assistant Teachers – Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Finn Church Aid
Duty Station: Kyaka, Uganda
Finn Church Aid Uganda Profile:
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility. FCA is now looking for competent persons to fill the following positions
Assistant teacher’s core role will be language translation during learning preparation, delivery and learner’s assessment to ensure the general learning processes both in & out of classrooms is inclusive and meets the need of all the learners. He / she will at all times work closely together with professional teachers who do not speak the local languages of the learners to prepare lessons, deliver, carry out continuous assessment of learners. Support planning for remedial lessons when it’s required, report to the Head teacher.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Participate in developing schemes of work and lesson plans for quality inclusive teaching and learning through the translation of the learning content in to the local language for better comprehension by learners
• Work closely with class teachers to prepare teaching, learning materials to ensure effective and inclusive teaching and learning.
• Support classrooms management to ensure discipline and control for better teaching and learning.
• Support timely and regular continuous assessment of learners to determine progress and achievement for promotion.
• Attend staff meeting and participate in the planning and management of schools
• Participate in co-curricular activities to enhance children’s holistic learning.
• Participate in community mobilization and sensitization activities aimed at increasing learners enrolment
• Be part of the child protection structure in school that will promote safety & protection of children while in school by ensuring the school is free from all forms of child abuse and risk
• Strictly adhere to and uphold all the professional code of conduct and relevant policies of the organisation ( Teachers code of conduct, FCA staff code of conduct, child protection and safeguarding policies and any other)
• At least O –level certificate with good passes is required,
• Knowledge of the local language commonly spoken by the refugee (Congolese Lingala, French and any other commonly spoken languages among the Congolese refugees) are essential. This is very key for the role of this position
• Good skills in English language ( spoken & Written) is essential for this position
• Must be a team player and able to work in multi-ethnic environment.
• Must be an innovative person, able to produce results amidst challenges.
• Must be able to listen and respect authority.
• Must be hardworking and disciplinarian with skills to control large classes.
• High integrity personnel to control the teaching materials available and demonstrated knowledge of teachers code of conduct.
• Willing to work with refugee community in promoting access to education
• Good understanding of refugee situation and able to live within the refugee communities.
How to Apply for Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs:
Interested applications should submit their academic credentials, CV, Cover letter explaining their ability, skills and how your previous experience and training is relevant to the position you are applying for. Applications should be addressed to;
The Area Manager,
Finn Church Aid,
Kyaka II Field Office.
Please mark the envelope with the position being applied for. Submission of applications is by Hand-delivery to Finn Church Aid Kyaka II Field office or designated areas of delivery
Deadline: Not later than 5:00 P.M. on Friday 12th June 2020. O
• Women and PWDS are encouraged to apply.
• Host and Refugee communities are encouraged to apply
Deadline: 17th June 2020