Job Title: Play and Learn Assistant/Driver – Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Funding Source: LEGO Foundation
Duty Station: Yumbe, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Finn Church Aid (FCA) Uganda Profile:
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest international aid organization in Finland. FCA operates in 14 countries where the need is most dire. FCA works with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political affiliations. FCA work is based on the promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, implying that FCA operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
The Play and Learn Assistant is part of the project implementation team responsible for supporting school Bus intervention implementation through leading integration of creative and innovative plays and games in the implementation of Functional and Play Based pedagogy using the approved and adopted curriculum, Contribute to the development of school bus curriculum with support from Teachers without Boarders education experts, Ensures the school bus is always organised for community learning and He/she will also serve as the school bus driver.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Fully participate in planning for all the school bus activities, and specifically ensures the concept of play based learning in appropriately integrated in planned activities for children and teachers.
- Support rollout of play based and functional pedagogy by leading delivery of play components of the planned activities
- Support in organizing roll-out events, community sensitisation on the project and trainings for Play based pedagogy using the developed curriculum
- Conduct creative arts workshops with children and parents in the community learning centres in the villages and schools in coordination with the PSS assistant and teachers
- Be part of the development of School Bus curriculum development to ensure age and context appropriateness in play activities integration
- Support teachers in appropriately integrating play in their lessons to strengthen application of play based approach
- Participate in planning and training parents on facilitating playful learning to strengthened play based learning approach
- Ensure the School bus/ Matatu is loaded all the times with all play and learning equipment to facilitate creative and innovative play based and functional learning in all the small group learning centres for the identified out of school children
- The ideal candidate for the Finn Church AID (FCA) Play and Learn Assistant/Driver job placement should hold a Degree in Education, Development studies, Psychology, Creative and performing Arts. Teaching experience in primary is an added advantage
- Three years of experience implementing education or child focused project
- Clear understanding and application of play based PEDAGOGY is essential
- Experience in conducting trainings for professional ( teachers) especially on play as an approach to teaching and learning using local materials and equipment Play
- Strong report writing skills and documentation
- Skills in training material development is an added advantage
- Demonstrated strong background in working with children of school age in a multi-cultural context and high respect for child rights
- Demonstrated understanding of the refugee context, and experience working vulnerable children and community is relevant
- Willing to reside in Yumbe
- Willing to work both as play and learn assistant and school bus driver Excellent inter-personal and inter-cultural skills
- Ability to Drive with valid permit for vehicle classification , A,DL, DM
How To Apply for Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested applications should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 3 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact, addressed to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office. P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Roche Close – Off Tank Hill Rd, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda. Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to [email protected] Please do not attach academic documents when you apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Finn Church Aid is committed to keeping children safe at all levels of its program operations, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuses. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards, adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy including background checks
- FCA does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
Deadline: 21st January 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.