Job Title: Instructor (Photography & Videography) – Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Kyaka with extensive travel to Imvepi in West Nile, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Finn Church Aid (FCA) Uganda Profile:
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest international aid organization in Finland. FCA operates in 14 countries where the need is most dire. FCA works with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political affiliations. FCA work is based on the promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, implying that FCA operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
The Photography and Video instructor will teach students the basics of photo and video production. Succeeding in the job requires good knowledge in technics and processes of different types of photographing (portraits, commercial etc), digital workflows and photo-editing. The position also requires a good understanding of video production from planning to postproduction. The instructor works in the BTVET centre in Rwamwanja.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Cooperate closely with FCA Creative Industry team in designing and implementing the training program.
- Prepare schemes of work, lesson notes and appropriate teaching Aids to ensure effective teaching and learning.
- To conduct regular assessment and evaluation for both Practical and written sessions for training gaps identification.
- Conduct regular counselling and guidance of the Trainees and make referrals where need be.
- Organize field placements for all trainers and ensure that all trainees undergo industrial training
- Identify potential private sector players and ensure that trainees regularly attend practical sessions to enhance their skills.
- Uphold and protect the Trainees from any form of Child abuse/ Violation of Rights.
- Supervise all the extra co-curricular activities such as sports and games, Crafts and any form of communal work.
- Ensure discipline of the students in and outside the Training workshops.
- Design a strategic remedial Training plan for slow learners
- Prepare a conducive learning environment for the Trainees.
- Be responsible for all School Activities while on Duty.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from Time to Time by the supervisor
Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate for the Finn Church Aid (FCA) Instructor (Photography & Videography) job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree/ Diploma or advanced vocational qualification in Media: Photography/ Video production.
- At least three (3) years’ practical experiences in the field of photography and video.
- At least 2 years experience in instruction for photography/ video production for students in multilingual classes. Knowledge of Swahili, Kinyabwisha is added advantage
- Qualification in Pedagogical skills or experience in teaching/training.
- Computer Literate and proficiency
- Good understanding of different social media platforms.
- General understanding of the creative economy in Uganda
- Good knowledge of technics and processes of different types of photographing (portraits, commercial etc), digital workflows and photo-editing.
- Good knowledge in video production from planning to postproduction
- Good understanding of the employment opportunities in the field of Media in Uganda.
- Entrepreneurship/self-employment experience preferred.
- High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
- Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication as well as team building and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of one of the local languages
- Willing to reside in Rwamwanja refugee settlement before completion of the course
How To Apply for Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office. P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda. Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to [email protected]
Applications may also be hand-delivered at FCA Head office in Muyenga, Roche Close Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please do not attach academic documents when you apply online.
Deadline: 31st March 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.