Job Title: 2 Monitoring and Evaluation Assistants – Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs
Organization: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Finn Church Aid (FCA) Uganda Profile:
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest international aid organization in Finland. FCA operates in 14 countries where the need is most dire. FCA works with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political affiliations. FCA work is based on promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, implying that FCA operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of M&E policies and Standard Operating Procedures with support of the M&E Officer.
- Develop and share data collection tools and ensure timely availability to staffs in time
- Participate in all organisation project Assessment/ surveys with the direction of the Senior M&E Officer
- Ensure M&E tools are well administered according to set guidelines and properly tagged or serialized for easy tracked/trace.
- Documents of various activities are well filed in chronological manner for easy retrieval and references
- Collect case studies from the field, success stories, failures and bring them to the attention of Management and make appropriate recommendations.
- Adapt and work closely with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to develop monitoring tools and visit all activities to check on progress and offer support and direction in line with the programme strategic plan and report on the quality of implemented activities.
- Use the information collected to assist in the production and timely submission of internal and external data templates and reports.
- Under the guidance of the M&E Officer respond to donor data inquiries and questions.
- Undertake data cleaning, prepare necessary reports and updates, and determine the information requirements of the project.
- Update the project information needs and answer any data queries from time to time.
- Support the M&E Officer to manage the database of the project and ensure that it is routinely updated.
- Provide technical support to project staff and on data issues and ensure that staffs understand the data requirements of the organization.
- The ideal candidate for the Finn Church Aid (FCA) Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Demography, Statistics, Computer Science, Social Sciences, Development studies or related field
- Experience in data collection and management is required
- Experience in conducting and leading Project Assessments./Survey
- Flexible and capable of working and living in difficult circumstances in a multicultural context.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
- Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication as well as team building and negotiation skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applications should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and daytime telephone contact with copies of academic papers addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office.
P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda.
Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to [email protected] and your preferred location.
- Women and PWDS are encouraged to apply.
- Host and Refugee communities are encouraged to apply
Deadline: 2nd August 2020