Job Title: 102 Primary School Teachers – Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs 2020
Level: Grade III
Organization: Finn Church Aid
Duty Station: Kyaka, Uganda
Finn Church Aid Uganda Profile:
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility. FCA is now looking for competent persons to fill the following positions
Will be directly in charge of the general delivery of quality learning for learners/ classes allocated through, Early and high quality lesson Scheming , planning and, effective facilitation of learning processes both in & out of classrooms for both curricular and co-curricula activities during school hours, carry out continuous assessment of learners and plan for remedial lessons when its required ,fully participate in the processes of summative assessment of learners, promote knowledge and skills sharing among colleagues to improve teaching quality, report any protection-related concern in the school to the responsible persons and participate in any education and community engagement aim
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Prepare timely schemes of work and lesson plans for quality teaching and learning.
• Prepare teaching, learning materials and effectively teach pupils.
• Professionally manage his/her classrooms to ensure discipline and control for better teaching.
• Conduct timely, regular and quality learning assessment of pupils to guide teaching and learning processes.
• Promote inclusiveness in the school by ensuring that preparation of teaching and learning materials take care of the different learning needs of learners in his/her class
• Report on the academic performance of the learners through carrying out continuous assessment of all the learning stages.
• Attend staff meeting and participate in the planning and management of schools
• Participate in the co-curricular activities to enhance children’s holistic learning and expected competence development
• Participating in community mobilization and sensitization activities aimed at increasing enrolment.
• Be part of the child protection structure in school that will promote safety & protection of children while in school by ensuring the school is free from all forms of child abuse and risk
• Professionally carry out counselling and career guidance with his/ her learner to help learner understand the available career/ education path ways options for them.
• Strictly adhere to and uphold all the professional code of conduct and relevant policies of the organisation ( Teachers code of conduct, FCA staff code of conduct, child protection and safeguarding policies and any other)
• Grade III primary teaching certificate from a recognized teacher training college is a MUST
• Must be registered with Ministry of Education, Science and Sports.
• At least 1 years’ experience in primary school teaching
• Must be a team player and able to work in multi-ethnic environment.
• Must be an innovative teacher, able to produce results amidst challenges.
• Must be able to listen and respect authority.
• Must be hardworking and disciplinarian with skills to control large classes.
• High integrity personnel to control the teaching materials available and demonstrated knowledge of teachers cord of conduct.
• Willing to work with refugee community in promoting access to education
• Basic understanding of refugee situation and able to live within the refugee communities.
How to Apply for Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs:
Interested applications should submit their academic credentials, CV, Cover letter explaining their ability, skills and how your previous experience and training is relevant to the position you are applying for. Applications should be addressed to;
The Area Manager,
Finn Church Aid,
Kyaka II Field Office.
Please mark the envelope with the position being applied for. Submission of applications is by Hand-delivery to Finn Church Aid Kyaka II Field office or designated areas of delivery
Deadline: Not later than 5:00 P.M. on Friday 12th June 2020. O
• Women and PWDS are encouraged to apply.
• Host and Refugee communities are encouraged to apply
Deadline: 17th June 2020